DryOS - some success - page 16 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

DryOS - some success

• 220 Replies
Re: DryOS - some success
« Reply #150 on: 22 / January / 2008, 09:47:35 »
Advertisements
It seems work fine but the alternative menu only shows me the script menu. Do I make a mistake ?

Maybe you press "set" button instead of "menu"?

Latest Allbest build for a720 here - http://malbe.nm.ru/chdk/allbest-a720-100c-31.zip
Also small program, which makes SD card bootable (for WinXP/2000) - http://ewavr.nm.ru/hdk/bootable.zip

What does mean? i did not understand nothing  :'(

These steps to make bootable the sd and more is to get the chdk into the camera or what??     how do i make bootable my sd? i dont know use that program..

It is very easy:
1. extract from above bootable.zip the "bootable.exe" file
2. put your SD card into reader or SD slot in computer and copy bootable.exe to the SD card
3. SD card behaves as disk and has assigned some letter (for example "F:"). Run shell (on winXP: menu Start - Run..., type "cmd") and change to SD card (by typing "F:" and press Enter in this example case)
4. Run bootable.exe You will be prompt to give right syntax as "bootable.exe F:"
5. confirm and your SD card is bootable :)
6. copy to your SD card "diskboot.bin" extracted from above allbest-a720-100c-31.zip
7. lock your SD card (take it from computer before  :)) by mechanical switch
8. put SD into Canon A720IS and switch camera ON. The blue splash screen appears
9. check CHDK firmware usage - CHDK Wiki to know what can you do with CHDK
« Last Edit: 10 / February / 2008, 16:36:13 by Ekscel »

Offline Nab

« Reply #151 on: 22 / January / 2008, 14:29:06 »
Sorry, I hav 4GB card and windows XP. I tested your bootable.bin with small card and that works super. But with 4GB that doen't work. I cannot format one to FAT or to smaller (2GB). Could you help me?

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #152 on: 22 / January / 2008, 15:26:43 »
From the Wiki FAQ:
Note2: 4 GB cards can support the autoload feature if they are formated in FAT16 manually. To format SD-card in Windows command line just type 'format X: /fs:fat' (where X: - a drive letter of mounted SD-card). But be aware that the formatting of 4 GB cards in FAT16 leads to non-standard 64K cluster size. The correct support of such cluster size is not guaranteed.
But actually, I have not heard any complains that it does not work.
CHDK Developer.

Offline OmniGhost

• [S5 IS]
« Reply #153 on: 22 / January / 2008, 20:41:42 »
I was just curious if their was anyone working on the original firmware 1.00a firmware for the s5is, or is dataghost the only one working on the s5 firmware. I thought scott was working on it but i have seen him post for awhile.
Jaems

Offline TapouT

• [S5 IS]
« Reply #154 on: 22 / January / 2008, 21:21:59 »
He may have got busy I haven't seen him on here in awhile (geekmug, I think on these forums).  I think in an earlier post DataGhost said when he completes the 1.01b he may have a look at the 1.01a.  I luckily have 1.01b on my S5.

Don't forget though, these guys do this for free when they have time to do it. He might have gotten busy with work, family or just don't feel like programming for awhile.  I hope I can learn enough to eventually contribute to such efforts, but until then, I have to be patient and thankful that they do this to begin with.

Offline Nab

« Reply #155 on: 23 / January / 2008, 06:34:46 »
Note2: 4 GB cards can support the autoload feature if they are formated in FAT16 manually. To format SD-card in Windows command line just type 'format X: /fs:fat' (where X: - a drive letter of mounted SD-card). But be aware that the formatting of 4 GB cards in FAT16 leads to non-standard 64K cluster size. The correct support of such cluster size is not guaranteed.
But actually, I have not heard any complains that it does not work.
Super!!!! A forgot old good MSDOS sentance!!!! I tryed only right-click and format under windows XP. It looks its working good with no problem on the card with capacity 4GB. Thanks thanks thanks!!!!

« Reply #156 on: 23 / January / 2008, 12:31:33 »
Hi.
I have Canon S5 IS (1.01A) and I am very interested about being able to use CHDK on it. I am willing to help, but unfortunately I don't know ARM assembly language. I know programming in C/C++ (I wrote some open source programs).
Is anything to do to help ?
Paul

Offline intrinsic

• S5IS
« Reply #157 on: 23 / January / 2008, 22:10:22 »
I have Canon S5 IS (1.01A) and I am very interested about being able to use CHDK on it. I am willing to help, but unfortunately I don't know ARM assembly language. I know programming in C/C++ (I wrote some open source programs).

If you have access to/can get access to a copy of IDA (Pro because the free editions don't support ARM IIRC);
* Run GrANd's signatures (see about page 9 of this thread) against a dump of 1.01a
* Make a 1.01a branch of DataGhosts code (duplicate the loader/s5is/101b and platform/s5is/sub/101b directories as 101a)
* Update the stubs file with the addresses of the functions IDA finds in your dump and see if you can get it to work on your camera.

I expect that the boot sequence used in the 1.01b branch should work fine on a 1.01a cam (the boot sequence is directly copied from the firmware dump (i.e. there are no references to functions which reside in the camera's memory)) but I could be wrong.

Note that this code will not build on the Windows toolchain (goes into an infinite loop and eventually crashes out), you will need to build it under linux using a toolchain built as described here; http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Compiling_CHDK_under_Linux

« Reply #158 on: 24 / January / 2008, 00:34:24 »
Sorry if this information is already in the thread (I did a quick scan but didn't find anything), but is DataGhost's S5IS code public anywhere?  I recently bought an S5 (1.01B) and would love to run CHDK on it.  I'm also a professional programmer (used to do a lot of C/asm, not so much these days), so I wouldn't mind getting it in a rough state and contributing back.   I can be reached at gfm@yahoo.com if the code isn't public but is email-able. Thanks!

Offline intrinsic

• S5IS
« Reply #159 on: 24 / January / 2008, 01:00:00 »
Sorry if this information is already in the thread (I did a quick scan but didn't find anything), but is DataGhost's S5IS code public anywhere?  I recently bought an S5 (1.01B) and would love to run CHDK on it.  I'm also a professional programmer (used to do a lot of C/asm, not so much these days), so I wouldn't mind getting it in a rough state and contributing back.   I can be reached at gfm@yahoo.com if the code isn't public but is email-able. Thanks!

The latest code DataGhost has published is linked in this thread; http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,234.msg1918.html#msg1918

I believe he has the keyboard handlers working now but he's yet to publish his latest work.