the sx20 porting thread - page 99 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the sx20 porting thread

• 1286 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: the sx20 porting thread
« Reply #980 on: 27 / November / 2010, 16:20:22 »
Advertisements
I have this scripts saved in "H:\CHDK\Scripts\OtherSubfolder"... H is my card reader drive letter...
Do i need to save the scripts directly in "CHDK\Scripts" Folder?
CHDK doesn't require that you put scripts in a particular folder, but dryos cameras appear to have some (not clearly defined) path restrictions. Try putting it in CHDK\SCRIPTS, or CHDK\<some other short name>

I suggest always use directory names <= 8 characters, and using only uppercase letters.

Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #981 on: 27 / November / 2010, 17:03:11 »
Ok, thanks, i will try it :)

« Reply #982 on: 28 / November / 2010, 10:27:10 »
I've installed CHDK on my SX20 1.02d camera. Thanks for all the hard work!
I had some issues activating the DMG format using two partitions my SD card, as it wasn't until page 62 that I read only diskboot.bin had to be on the first partition. As a result, I didn't see any scripts, so I could not create badpixels.bin
I tried the tools to use on a PC mentioned in this thread (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Badpixel_removal ), but my CGW file format wasn't recognized. I merged the source of both tools mentioned and added these specs:

case (4080*3048*12)/8: rowpix=4080; rows=3048; bits=12; black_level<<=2; threshold<<=2; break; // another 12 MP with 12 bit RAW

This resulted in a badpixels.bin file I could use to enable DMG files. But now that I've got the scripts working, I suppose badpixels.lua generates a better file.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #983 on: 28 / November / 2010, 14:57:56 »
Hello & welcome, jvdvegt !

...only diskboot.bin had to be on the first partition. As a result, I didn't see any scripts, so I could not create badpixels.bin
Copy the badpixel.lua script (or better: the complete \CHDK folder from a full download package) to the 2nd partition - the partition where the camera saves the images when CHDK is running...

« Reply #984 on: 29 / November / 2010, 03:28:03 »
Hi everyone,

I've got a problem using continuous shooting and manual flash override - I'm trying to use chdk it for high fps shooting in the built-in 3200ISO scene mode, as in this message:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2468.msg30890.html#msg30890

This _used to_ work for me: press the shutter once, return to half-press, then press again for continuous shooting with flash, and of course with all the other overrides - low ISO and high shutter speed.
But now for some reason after the initial shot the continuous shooting is not according to the override parameters - the flash fires, but the shutter speed is changed to 1/60 instead of the 1/3200 override that I set, and the ISO is also different than the override.

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this behavior (it seems to be something related to the manual flash override, but I can't understand what exactly).

Any help is much appreciated.

« Reply #985 on: 29 / November / 2010, 22:34:19 »
Hi guys. I am new to the forum, so please direct me if I am in the wrong topic.
I am trying to help my wife to install CHDK on SX20 IS. The firmware version is 1.00F. I know it is beta version so far, so maybe my info will help somebody.
I did everything according to the instruction. It boots from disk, displays CHDK info for a sec, that info disappears and "Firmware Update" entry does not appear in the Menu. Does anybody experience the same?

Alex.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #986 on: 30 / November / 2010, 00:11:59 »
Hi guys. I am new to the forum, so please direct me if I am in the wrong topic.
I am trying to help my wife to install CHDK on SX20 IS. The firmware version is 1.00F. I know it is beta version so far, so maybe my info will help somebody.
I did everything according to the instruction. It boots from disk, displays CHDK info for a sec, that info disappears and "Firmware Update" entry does not appear in the Menu. Does anybody experience the same?

Alex.
As explained here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX20 and in this thread, the "firm update" manual loading method is not does not work on this camera. You must use the bootable SD card method, described at http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Bootable_SD_card
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #987 on: 30 / November / 2010, 00:22:28 »
Hi, kardan, welcome to the forum !

As for your question: yes, everybody experiences that ... because it means CHDK is loaded !
(BTW sx20 does not support the Firmware Update mode to start CHDK)
You then press the <Alt> button (see here to see which one that is for your camera) followed by the Menu button to open the CHDK menu
Unless you used CHDK before, you will then probably want to check out the user manual,
which is available here as a download or online

hope that's enough to get you started
have fun with CHDK,

wim

edit: late again ... but maybe still usefull

« Reply #988 on: 01 / December / 2010, 17:06:54 »
Copy the badpixel.lua script (or better: the complete \CHDK folder from a full download package) to the 2nd partition - the partition where the camera saves the images when CHDK is running...
Thanks fe50, I figured that out already, and CHDK is working fine.

I did encounter a problem though: I cannot record video's anymore when I activate CHDK. Recording stops after about one second. Is this a known issue?

« Reply #989 on: 01 / December / 2010, 20:25:14 »
Thanks, guys. Now I have to learn how to use this thing :)
On my first approach I discovered that Photoshop does not recognize .CRW as a legitimate file...
Why would that be?