(IXUS175)screen goes black upon plugging in a USB.. - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

(IXUS175)screen goes black upon plugging in a USB..

• 7 Replies
(IXUS175)screen goes black upon plugging in a USB..
« on: 11 / July / 2019, 03:58:43 »
Advertisements
Hi guys!
i wanna control multiple(64) IXUS175 on the computer remotely, so i have to connect them via USB and follow the manual on this link.(https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/PTP_Extension)..
i tried to install libusb driver using ZADIG, but it's still failing...
(seems to enter into CHDK successfully, but screen goes black upon plugging in a USB... i think the problem is because of this. )
My friend tried the same thing on his computer, but it worked well. When plugging in his computer, screen of camera with CHDK doesn't darken and libusb drive was downloaded successfully.
I think the computer was connected with normal camera not CHDK in my case.
Is there anyone who can help me?
« Last Edit: 11 / July / 2019, 04:50:54 by 택준 김 »

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
Re: (IXUS175)screen goes black upon plugging in a USB..
« Reply #1 on: 11 / July / 2019, 08:13:31 »
As far as I can see, @srsa_4c  has solved the keyboard problem.
Thanks!
EDIT: Ooops, the answer to the wrong topic, refers to ixus 185.
« Last Edit: 11 / July / 2019, 08:59:14 by blackhole »

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #2 on: 11 / July / 2019, 08:29:50 »
Hi guys!
i wanna control multiple(64) IXUS175 on the computer remotely, so i have to connect them via USB and follow the manual on this link.(https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/PTP_Extension)..
i tried to install libusb driver using ZADIG, but it's still failing...
(seems to enter into CHDK successfully, but screen goes black upon plugging in a USB... i think the problem is because of this. )
My friend tried the same thing on his computer, but it worked well. When plugging in his computer, screen of camera with CHDK doesn't darken and libusb drive was downloaded successfully.
I think the computer was connected with normal camera not CHDK in my case.
Is there anyone who can help me?
Try this:
1. uninstall the program connected to the camera if you installed something from Canon
2. with the camera connected to the PC go to Control Panel >> AutoPlay >> Devices, locate your camera and select "Take no action", then turn off the camera
3. restart your PC, reconnect the camera by pressing the PLAY button (blue triangle) and then run Zadig as an administrator
The P_ID of your camera is 0x32c1
« Last Edit: 11 / July / 2019, 09:00:23 by blackhole »

« Reply #3 on: 11 / July / 2019, 22:39:47 »
Try this:
1. uninstall the program connected to the camera if you installed something from Canon
2. with the camera connected to the PC go to Control Panel >> AutoPlay >> Devices, locate your camera and select "Take no action", then turn off the camera
3. restart your PC, reconnect the camera by pressing the PLAY button (blue triangle) and then run Zadig as an administrator
The P_ID of your camera is 0x32c1

Thank u so much!!!!!! :D but what does program from Canon mean exactly?? I didn't download anything from Canon if I remember correctly.
I can't use my computer for 2 to 3 days, so I'll try your suggestion in a few days and reply soon! Thank u again :D

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #4 on: 12 / July / 2019, 04:29:47 »
but what does program from Canon mean exactly??
CameraWindow DC

« Reply #5 on: 15 / July / 2019, 00:37:53 »
I tried your tip, but it doesn't work for me....
According to my search, this problem occurs only on Linux so I couldn't find a solution on Windows.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 15 / July / 2019, 01:09:47 »
According to my search, this problem occurs only on Linux so I couldn't find a solution on Windows.
The black screen happens when the computer uses certain standard, non-CHDK PTP operations on the camera. It's common on Linux because on Windows, installing the libusb driver typically prevents all normal windows PTP software from interacting with the camera at all. On Linux, CHDK tools use the same driver as normal software.

The likely causes in your case are either the libusb driver isn't correctly installed, or something unusual in your configuration is allowing other software to access the cameras despite the libusb driver being installed.

Edit:
One thing you should know is that the Zadig driver is specific to each individual camera. If you install it for one ixus175 and then plug in a different ixus175, it won't use the libusb driver.
« Last Edit: 15 / July / 2019, 01:15:09 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #7 on: 15 / July / 2019, 04:51:57 »
Step by step installation procedure.
See picture.