Added dual boot and video compression support for IXUS860/SD870IS - page 5 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Added dual boot and video compression support for IXUS860/SD870IS

• 41 Replies

Offline mil22

Re: Added dual boot and video compression support for IXUS860/SD870IS
« Reply #40 on: 29 / July / 2008, 19:58:47 »
Advertisements
I couldn't find the code for the SD870 that makes it start up in record mode either. It may have been removed, or it may be part of a special startup script that isn't included in the 1.72 source distribution... or we might be missing something. It definitely doesn't help that he's removed all the comments, which is pretty lame.

Re: Added dual boot and video compression support for IXUS860/SD870IS
« Reply #41 on: 20 / April / 2009, 15:40:08 »
I have two sd870is 2G in each and use them for stereo pics and vids. I am currently running (ixus860_sd870-100c-0.9.8-735-full). I recently and for the first time messed with video parameters and jacked up the bitrate to 3X. The camera stopped recording on it's own after a short time. The video clearly had much higher detail. But then later after bringing the bitrate down, the next recording resulted in what I would guess is a full card. One cam stopped on it's own and I couldn't access the card "card error". I can not access the videos on that cam. The other cam did not do this and I was able to view those videos.

Did I just use up the memory on that cam's card. Is there a way to keep that from happening in the future? Thanks, Pantelis