Aperture and ISO be added to the Video Parameters Sub Menu - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

Aperture and ISO be added to the Video Parameters Sub Menu

• 4 Replies
Aperture and ISO be added to the Video Parameters Sub Menu
« on: 09 / April / 2009, 22:34:19 »
Advertisements
I would like to see the addition of Aperture and ISO settings added to the Video Parameters CHDK sub menu. This would keep video and image settings completely independent of each other. It would also be nice to have a shutter speed override here too, you could choose between the default 1/30th sec or slower speeds, (1 sec), such as Ewavr has discovered to work before. 

Re: Aperture and ISO be added to the Video Parameters Sub Menu
« Reply #1 on: 11 / April / 2009, 22:33:24 »
Oh, are those parameters available to us (to change shutter speed and ISO in video mode)? Where are they currently located? Do the photo over-rides also work in video? If you could post the link to ewavr's thread with the video over-rides I would appreciate it!

I agree that it makes sense to have video and photo over-ride parameters separate.

Elia

« Reply #2 on: 11 / April / 2009, 22:47:29 »
It seems I can (partially) answer my own question... the link to the relevant thread is: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,1075.30.html

Seems using these over-rides is not yet as simple as using a menu option...

Offline vit40

« Reply #3 on: 13 / April / 2009, 12:42:16 »
Well, a possibility to use 1/15 or slower exposures in video mode would be usefull in low light situations anyway ...

« Reply #4 on: 16 / May / 2009, 21:06:24 »
Perhaps a uBasic command could be added to CHDK to allow control of ISO during video recording?
Ewavr mentions the below commands are available for developers, unfortunately I'm not one but I could handle knocking up a ubasic script.

"Another functions (derived from SetAE_CdsGainValue, can be found on strings "SetCDSGainApex" and "SetPgaGain") allow change ISO during video recording. Of course, AE must be turned off before call it (ExpCtrlTool_StopContiAE)"