SD1200 IS Porting Thread - page 32 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

SD1200 IS Porting Thread

• 312 Replies
Re: SD1200 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #310 on: 17 / September / 2017, 12:49:50 »
Advertisements
The FAT32 part in boot.c was commented out. Then it makes no sense to define 'multipart' in platform_camera.h. Can anyone confirm that the multipartition function works (FW 1.00c)?
Someone updated the wiki today for the SD1200 to point out that large microSD cards will work formatted FAT32 with firmware update booting.  But the wiki still says that multipartition support is not available for this camera. 

The code to provide multipartition support is in the source, so either the wiki is wrong (and it is available) or it does not work.

If somebody with the camera volunteers to test, we can fix this.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline hwntw

« Reply #311 on: 23 / September / 2017, 06:44:45 »
The FAT32 part in boot.c was commented out. Then it makes no sense to define 'multipart' in platform_camera.h. Can anyone confirm that the multipartition function works (FW 1.00c)?
Someone updated the wiki today for the SD1200 to point out that large microSD cards will work formatted FAT32 with firmware update booting.  But the wiki still says that multipartition support is not available for this camera. 

The code to provide multipartition support is in the source, so either the wiki is wrong (and it is available) or it does not work.

If somebody with the camera volunteers to test, we can fix this.
I tried to get two partitions working, I think I succeeded, but frankly it is all a bit confusing. What I did find was that the CHDK menu item ... /SDcard/make 2 partitions results in one (the boot) partition being too small to hold a a full CHDK distribution and I got an error msg Modules cannot load.
Manually creating the partions got around that problem.
I have an 8Gb sdcard, two partitions- one is 1.5Mb the other is 7.5Gb which CHIMP created for me automagically. I did all the file copy stuff and then booted using firmware update method. I noticed that partition Two was active. I made both partitions bootable and partition One active inside the CHDK menus. I then locked the card and autobooted successfully. With partition One active, the free disk space shows 7.5Gb.
I repeated the exercise with a 16Gb card and it went much as before, 14.9Gb free space, partition 1 showing as active on the OSD
« Last Edit: 23 / September / 2017, 07:41:45 by hwntw »
Ixus 300HS S100

Windows 10

« Reply #312 on: 23 / September / 2017, 11:57:08 »
What I did find was that the CHDK menu item ... /SDcard/make 2 partitions results in one (the boot) partition being too small to hold a a full CHDK distribution and I got an error msg Modules cannot load.
When correctly formatted, the small (or boot partition) needs to be jusy big enough for the DISKBOOT.BIN file. You only need that one file installed there.  STICK and CHIMP will set thinga up that way for you.   Your manual approach might need alll the files until you get things setup correctly though.

Note that the second (or large partition) should have all the files installed.

Regardless of how you got the card configured, it sounds like the CHDK part works properly.  I'll update the wikia to remove the warning about it not working.

Thanks for reporting back on this. 

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16