SX150 can't get firmware version - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

SX150 can't get firmware version

• 3 Replies
SX150 can't get firmware version
« on: 16 / January / 2013, 17:34:24 »
Advertisements
Hello to CHDK-  Have new SX150, format a card (have tried 2gb and 8gb cards), make the vers.req file, place in root of card, put in camera, turn on with play button, press Func/Set and then Disp, get nothing (just says "No Images").  If I hold Func/set for a couple of seconds by itself, I get a very groovy looking clock.  I have tried this multiple times, saving different ways, formatting the card in camera and with disk utility (MS-DOS FAT), no good.

To make the vers.req file, I used text edit on mac, followed instructions carefully, making a Unicode 16 file with no extension, zero K.  Also tried Unicode 8.  Also tried every button on the camera in combination with Func/Set.

MacBook pro 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4gb 1067MHz DDR3, Mac OS X 10.7.5

Thoughts?  I'm stumped.  Note, I would make vers.req with terminal, but I'm afraid I don't know what the following means: "from the shell cd to your SD card's mount point and run the following command:
touch ver.req. Mac based systems - Use the Linux/*nix method above in the Terminal application."  I know the the volume for the SD card in the internal reader is /Volumes/UNTITLED (or /Volumes/CANON_DC if formatted in camera), and that it's Disk2.  But I don't know how to use this info to determine what to type into the terminal before "touch vers.req".

Or possibly this is a new firmware version that won't display?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: SX150 can't get firmware version
« Reply #1 on: 16 / January / 2013, 17:42:44 »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 16 / January / 2013, 22:26:29 »
Thanks very much waterwingz, and thanks very much ACID - worked perfectly, shooting with camera already.  It is worth noting that the vers.req instructions on the site do not work with SX150 - for me.

« Reply #3 on: 16 / January / 2013, 22:38:02 »
According to the wiki page, its supposed to work.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX150IS
We usually try to keep those up dated when people report problems.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16