CHDK for SX120 - page 6 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for SX120

• 597 Replies
Re: CHDK for SX120
« Reply #50 on: 31 / December / 2009, 16:03:39 »
Advertisements
If there's a few of you who want to work on this, I'd suggest making an SVN or git repository somewhere (you can create a space on assembla where CHDK is hosted, for example). Alternately, I could throw the current "latest" in the CHDK SVN (but not in the autobuilds) and you could post patches as needed. I'm happy to do this if you find it helpful.

I'd be interested in this.  Trading files back and forth is a recipe for failure.

Offline rid

« Reply #51 on: 01 / January / 2010, 04:36:40 »
@michaelh99 thanks for still concern on this chdk

« Reply #52 on: 01 / January / 2010, 15:13:11 »
You won't get firmware update menu without PS.FI2 file with valid (encoded with camera keys) content. But that's not nessesary now. Autoboot will work fine for us at the moment.
The main trouble is in under-exposed photos. As was mentioned earlier, the 1st gajownik's build ran fine and took good pictures. Something has changed since that time. We really need to try to adapt SX120 port to build and run on several SVN revisions between r816 and current trunk, then figure out what caused such misbehavior and fix it.
I think that first of all we need to test revisions 860, 850, 846, 825. These are ones before huge changes (API, new features). The port should be fixed to build on every such revision, statring from r816 and then 825, 846,...

BTW Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!  :xmas

« Reply #53 on: 05 / January / 2010, 01:20:54 »
Could someone post a link to the most recent working version of CHDK for 120, or am I just reading this wrong?  I has bad cold and its screwin with mah mind...

« Reply #54 on: 05 / January / 2010, 12:27:41 »
I've got a build based on 866 that takes basic pictures just fine but need a repository to put the source in.  I don't have the bandwidth now to set one up independently and work's about to heat up again.

I'll upload a binary later today.

« Reply #55 on: 05 / January / 2010, 14:09:28 »
The binary I've built is on http://www.dragonseye.com/sx120is_msh_1.rar

It's had very little testing so UAYOR

« Reply #56 on: 05 / January / 2010, 17:11:50 »
I tried build. This build is very similar to the gajownik-s build. Basic images are great but raw has magenta tone throughout the picture. (like the gajownik-s). kibab build is stable and free of defects in the menu display, but the pictures are underexposed(in kibab build the zoom during movie mode work great- in this build does't) . Thanks guys for doing this.I can not wait for the next build for testing. michaell good work.

« Reply #57 on: 05 / January / 2010, 20:51:41 »
I tried build. This build is very similar to the gajownik-s build. Basic images are great but raw has magenta tone throughout the picture. (like the gajownik-s). kibab build is stable and free of defects in the menu display, but the pictures are underexposed(in kibab build the zoom during movie mode work great- in this build does't) . Thanks guys for doing this.I can not wait for the next build for testing. michaell good work.

If kibab will share his changes we can integrate them together.  My build is basically gajawnik's except that I've updated it to build with the latest trunk.

« Reply #58 on: 05 / January / 2010, 20:55:31 »
Sorry, I see now that he did share his changes.  I'll go see how my version differs.

Anyone know the process for adding these beginning ports to the chdk tree?  Trading files is for the birds and I won't have the bandwidth to head this up though I will be able to contribute here and there.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #59 on: 06 / January / 2010, 07:01:51 »
Anyone know the process for adding these beginning ports to the chdk tree?  Trading files is for the birds and I won't have the bandwidth to head this up though I will be able to contribute here and there.

If somebody would post a current patch (diff file), i'd add the port ;)