Windows User Making Bootable SD Card - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Windows User Making Bootable SD Card

• 3 Replies
Windows User Making Bootable SD Card
« on: 02 / October / 2008, 15:39:36 »
Advertisements
I should be able to use the 32mb SD Card that came with my SD100is as a bootable SD card, right?

Windows Case #1
All I get when I power on the camera after performing Windows Case#1 (Bootable SD card - CHDK Wiki) is Card Locked!  I searched for "Card Locked" but the resolution results returned are all Mac/Linux users, no windows users. 

Windows Case #2
I've tried the other Cases, too, but none seem to be working.  If I run bootable.exe driveletter, should I be able to view the changes so that I can verify the bootable.exe file worked? 

Windows Case #3
I can attempt this one since the web site that is hosting the download file, CardTricks.exe, is blocked.

What am I missing?

Utilities I'm using in order to perform Case #2 are as follows:
Hex Editor:  Neo
HDHacker to open/save the boot sector file.
SD1100is (GM1.01A - Adjv. Ver 012.005)

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: Windows User Making Bootable SD Card
« Reply #1 on: 02 / October / 2008, 15:42:39 »
What are you trying to do? Getting a firmware dump?

If you have a SD1100 like your signature says.. That camera is not even supported.

« Reply #2 on: 02 / October / 2008, 15:54:02 »
I'm trying to get make my SD card bootable so that I can load CHDK and I'm having a devil of a time.

There is an alpha version out for this cam with people having success.  I'm wanting to take HDR images and this person is able to do it (SD1100/ixus 80 porting .... ).

« Reply #3 on: 02 / October / 2008, 15:57:40 »
I just realized I posted under 'Stable CHDK Release'.  I just saw, "I'm a newbie..." and went with it.  This thread may need to be moved.