Higher framerate capture might be posible via hdmi or usb output? - page 2 - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Higher framerate capture might be posible via hdmi or usb output?

• 11 Replies
Re: Higher framerate capture might be posible via hdmi or usb output?
« Reply #10 on: 22 / November / 2013, 22:18:36 »
Advertisements
I would love to know if you got anywhere with the wifi sd card..... i'm curious about using the wifi sd card to be able to somehow bypass the 4gb file size limit....which is taken up after only 16 minutes of 1080p video recording....i was wondering if it would be possible to somehow route the file directly out to a computer or hardrive..... hmmm

Re: Higher framerate capture might be posible via hdmi or usb output?
« Reply #11 on: 22 / November / 2013, 22:43:02 »
I would love to know if you got anywhere with the wifi sd card..... i'm curious about using the wifi sd card to be able to somehow bypass the 4gb file size limit....which is taken up after only 16 minutes of 1080p video recording....i was wondering if it would be possible to somehow route the file directly out to a computer or hardrive..... hmmm
The only way I know of to get around the 4G file size limit is to not used FAT32.  Even if you could move data fast enough over wifi to transfer the video data to a computer using a different file format (NTFS or xFAT or ext2 etc) you would still be stuck with the camera recording into a FAT32 file.   There is really no way to turn that into a FIFO and read&delete data from a file that is also actively being written to on the SD card.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16