Trouble solving, help in using CHDK PTP - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Trouble solving, help in using CHDK PTP

• 5 Replies
« on: 08 / December / 2015, 13:10:07 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I try to use CHDK PTP for screen capture as I wish to document my use of different scripts.

I get a error message when I try to connect to the camera:

ERROR: a script is already running.

When running TestLibUsb it shows the camera Canon PowerShot G9 with a lot of information, e.g. bus-0^\.\libusb0-0001--0x04a9-0x315a   04A9/315A

In the connect window of the CHDK PTP it says bus-0:\\.\busb-001--0x04a9-0x315a

I wonder what could be wrong?

« Reply #1 on: 08 / December / 2015, 14:31:26 »
CHDKPTP does some of its work by running scripts on the camera itself.  So you can't be running your own script when you try to connect.  However,AFAIK you can launch your script once you are connected.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: Trouble solving, help in using CHDK PTP
« Reply #2 on: 08 / December / 2015, 17:01:42 »
Thanks. It now works perfect  :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 08 / December / 2015, 21:41:09 »
CHDKPTP does some of its work by running scripts on the camera itself.  So you can't be running your own script when you try to connect.  However,AFAIK you can launch your script once you are connected.
To elaborate slightly, for anyone else who runs into this issue:
The chdkptp GUI runs script on connect to update the mode dropdown. If this fails, it will connect but the GUI state will be confused, and live won't work.
The CLI doesn't run any script on connect.

Running a script after connecting should be fine, although most of the buttons and commands wont work, because they use camera side script.

edit:
In chdkptp r693 and later, only the mode list should be affected if you start the GUI with a script running.
« Last Edit: 08 / December / 2015, 22:59:11 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 25 / December / 2015, 05:48:05 »
When I use the live view to make screenshot of menu settings I experience that previous view is added together. Is it possible to refresh or remove previous view so I just see what is current on my camera screen?
« Last Edit: 25 / December / 2015, 06:18:06 by Kestrel1978 »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #5 on: 25 / December / 2015, 07:46:37 »
When I use the live view to make screenshot of menu settings I experience that previous view is added together. Is it possible to refresh or remove previous view so I just see what is current on my camera screen?
Can you illustrate the problem with a picture? The G9 port should be able to detect the current bitmap buffer, so you're supposed to get the most current view in CHDKPTP.