sx700 porting - page 9 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

sx700 porting

• 184 Replies

Offline ftm

Re: sx700 porting
« Reply #80 on: 13 / January / 2018, 21:52:59 »
Advertisements
It seems to me, that this is 4 4974 with UI v 2.0.
I have updated to most recent CHDK (4975) and GUI patch r6 from waterwingz.
Another experience with AutoISO, F is every time: 3,2, ISO values are different:
- In P mode: with flash 800, without flash 320
- In Tv mode (with 1/60 by default): with flash 320, without flash 1600
- In Av mode I set the light conditions let the camera set 1/60: with flash 320, without flash 1000
- In Manual mode there is no AutoISO

Why are not the ISO values the same in the various modes?
What were the settings that you chose on the Custom Auto ISO page?

While, I must confess that I don't fully understand Custom Auto ISO, it seems that except for the results in the P mode that you report, the rest seem ok. Your P mode results seem reversed to me.

Priority is given to keeping the ISO within range. It seems to ignore shutter speed limits and shoots slower if it cannot get the exposure correct at Max Fallback ISO.

Also, from what I have seen of the code, the Custom Auto ISO mode will not affect the Aperture values at all. Essentially except for the M mode all modes seem to behave like mode Av when using Custom Auto ISO. 

For a camera like the SX700 which has adjustable aperture, using the Custom Auto iSO in the Av mode makes the most sense (at least to me).

« Reply #81 on: 14 / January / 2018, 10:12:00 »
I must confess that I don't fully understand Custom Auto ISO ..
This has been an on going problem  :(

The two most relevant forum posts are probably : tsvstar's patch and Is Custom Auto ISO working for the A640 under 1.2?

There is also an attempt to describe its operation here : CHDK User Manual : Custom Auto ISO.  If you can edit / improve / fix that description it would be great!
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline ftm

« Reply #82 on: 16 / January / 2018, 09:22:23 »
@waterwingz — thanks for those links.  I feel my understanding is more improved. I have only been using CHDK for a short while. So much to learn.

« Reply #83 on: 25 / January / 2018, 08:41:42 »
Hi guys. First I'd like to thank you all for creating such a great addition for my camera :)

I do have a strange issue though. I installed version (sx700hs-100e-1.5.0-4981-full_ALPHA.zip ) through the download page and used Stick to install the software.
I then locked the SD card and put it in my camera.

It seemed completely dead. However when I did a battery pull it would work.

Now every time I turn my camera off and want to use it again I must repeat the battery pull.

Any idea how I could fix this ? I tried re-formatting the card both in-camera and using Windows (10 32bit).

Also when I took a show at ISO 100 in Lightroom it was extremely noisy.
I did have DNG 1.3 enabled, could that be the issue.

When I get home I'll try switching to 1.1 and recreating the badpixel thingy.

Also, I found liveview is very different from the actual result of the images.
Is this normal ?

Sorry for all the questions....

Offline ftm

« Reply #84 on: 25 / January / 2018, 09:15:27 »

Hi guys. First I'd like to thank you all for creating such a great addition for my camera :)

I do have a strange issue though. I installed version (sx700hs-100e-1.5.0-4981-full_ALPHA.zip ) through the download page and used Stick to install the software.

Now every time I turn my camera off and want to use it again I must repeat the battery pull.

Any idea how I could fix this ? I tried re-formatting the card both in-camera and using Windows (10 32bit).

Is this normal ?

@WalkerOfTheDay  -- Not sure what is going on. I just tested build 4981 on my Camera and it seems to work fine. I took a couple of pictures with one DNG (the default 1.3) and it looked OK.

Couple questions:
-- I suppose that it is possible that maybe your download got corrupted. Try to download it again.
-- Have you tried a different SD card?

-- I assume that firmware version is 100E. I would guess that it wouldn't have worked otherwise.

Regarding Liveview, I don't understand what you mean by liveview is different from the image that you get.

« Reply #85 on: 25 / January / 2018, 09:44:07 »

Is this normal ?

@WalkerOfTheDay  -- Not sure what is going on. I just tested build 4981 on my Camera and it seems to work fine. I took a couple of pictures with one DNG (the default 1.3) and it looked OK.

Couple questions:
-- I suppose that it is possible that maybe your download got corrupted. Try to download it again.
I tried this many times. Also formatted the card many times in camera and in Windows including a low level format.

-- Have you tried a different SD card?

-- I assume that firmware version is 100E. I would guess that it wouldn't have worked otherwise.

I have not, I don't even think I own one. But I'll buy one and try it.
Firmware is 100E, indeed.

Regarding Liveview, I don't understand what you mean by liveview is different from the image that you get.
I mean the difference between what you see on the screen and on the actual photo.

On screen it can be a perfectly clear picture while both the RAW and the Jpeg are quite dark. It would be nice if you could see the actual exposure on-screen.
The RAW also has loads of color noise in Lightroom (5.7).

When I create the badpixels file it should 0 errors.

Offline ftm

« Reply #86 on: 25 / January / 2018, 09:52:25 »
In this post is a link to an earlier build (4975). https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11927.msg135876#msg135876. Can you try and see if that works better?

Regarding the dark pictures, maybe the exposure overrides are set. What does the exif of the pictures (dng/jpg) tell you about the exposure details. Tv, Av, ISO etc.

« Reply #87 on: 25 / January / 2018, 09:56:37 »
In this post is a link to an earlier build (4975). https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11927.msg135876#msg135876. Can you try and see if that works better?

Regarding the dark pictures, maybe the exposure overrides are set. What does the exif of the pictures (dng/jpg) tell you about the exposure details. Tv, Av, ISO etc.

Thank you. I did indeed set the exposure overrides, so this doesn't reflect on screen if I understand correctly ? That's too bad.

If I can find the time, I'll try the earlier build and let you know.

« Reply #88 on: 25 / January / 2018, 10:28:41 »
Thank you, it works!!! It is good to see CHDK on this camera. It is midnight at us, so I need to sleep, but I will test it soon.

Hi mastadon,

What exactly did you do to fix it ?
I seem to have the same issue, camera completely frozen.
However it does work after a battery pull and re-insert like I reported above.

By the way when I use Stick and create the test100e.zip it does not get recognized by Stick. I can only click the download button.

« Reply #89 on: 25 / January / 2018, 14:34:03 »
I tried ftm's suggestion, and when I put the card in the camera it seemed to work.
But after shutting the camera down, I again faced the same issue.

After switching to 1.1 the DGN are now almost noise free so that's a plus  :lol