CHDK Control of the Mode Dial for A570IS - page 7 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

CHDK Control of the Mode Dial for A570IS

• 76 Replies
Re: CHDK Control of the Mode Dial for A570IS
« Reply #60 on: 03 / June / 2008, 19:52:23 »
Advertisements
Follow up: as a comparison, I installed the latest allbest build and the above script works properly.
NW5W High Altitude Balloon Project
http://nw5w.com/journal/

« Reply #61 on: 08 / June / 2008, 18:10:26 »
Does anybody have any ideas on this one?  I may have to give up on shooting video from my high altitude balloon if I can't get this working.  :(

Offline zeno

« Reply #62 on: 08 / June / 2008, 18:17:20 »
Chris - could you email me at daveATzenonic.demon.co.uk? It may be easier to get solutions to your problems that way. I'm not sure which of the following IS working for you:

1. switching from photo to video mode via press "dm_xxxx"
2. get_usb_power returns time power was applied (in 10ms units)

I think 1 is OK but 2 is not.

Dave
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline zeno

« Reply #63 on: 09 / June / 2008, 10:45:04 »
Chris - more checking reveals an OR where there should have been an AND, which I think explains your key release problem.  I've updated the A720 DISKBOOT.BIN at CHDK Mode Dial Support

If get_usb_power still does not return the pulse length I'm a bit mystified.

By the way, your script should have a line like this:
  x = get_usb_power
and not like this:
  get_usb_power x
The second form WILL result in x either being 0 or 1.

Dave
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #64 on: 10 / June / 2008, 21:10:18 »
WOOOHOOO!!!  Dave (Zeno), you rock!

It works!

It took me a few minutes to figure out that the a720 firmware linked on your page is not the new version that you posted on the 9th.  I had to browse around your zip files to find it here:

Index of /zips/

At any rate, I got it loaded and lo and behold, it does what it's supposed to, for the most part.  Mode switching between auto and movie works just fine, as does the "shoot" command.  get_usb_power works like I expected it to.  The only thing that doesn't work properly is the press "shoot_full" command.  This doesn't seem to function, as it does not take a picture when called.  I haven't tried any of the other press commands but will be adding some to the script tonight and will let you know.  It also took me a little debugging to realize that get_usb_power returns in increments of 1/100 second, compared to the Arduino's 1/1000 second timer.  Once I figured this out, I just removed an extra zero from my ubasic script and everything worked nicely.  Here's what I have so far:

Code: [Select]
@title Super Controller
do
    a=0
    do
        a = get_usb_power
    until a>0
    if a>0 and a<50 then
        print "Received request for still"
        press "dm_auto"
        sleep 1000
        shoot
        sleep 1000
        release "dm_auto"
        sleep 1000
    endif
    if a>200 then
        print "Received request for movie"
        press "dm_movie"
        sleep 1000
        press "shoot_full"
        sleep 300
        release "shoot_full"
        sleep 5000
        press "shoot_full"
        sleep 1000
        release "shoot_full"
        sleep 1000
        release "dm_movie"
        sleep 1500
    endif
    until is_key "set"
end

Dave, thanks again for all of your hard work.  I will get back to you when I've tested the rest.  I won't be needing the press "shoot_full" for my project, but it might be nice to figure out why that fails.

Chris

Offline zeno

« Reply #65 on: 11 / June / 2008, 03:59:30 »
Glad to hear the good news Chris. I've now updated the zip on http://www.zenonic.demon.co.uk/kapstuff/zchdk.html so it is the one you tested.
A570, S100, Ixus 127

« Reply #66 on: 07 / August / 2008, 18:21:01 »

Offline zeno

« Reply #67 on: 08 / August / 2008, 10:45:37 »
Doug, note that for the A560, only three keys are defined - "dm_m" (manual), "dm_auto" (auto) and "dm_movie" (movie mode). Nothing else will do anything. For those three the LCD should show the change in mode (in other words, if you were in auto mode already, pressing "dm_auto" would not show any change).

I haven't got a 560, but I can try rebuilding Vine's version and send it to you - email me at daveATzenonic.demon.co.uk

Dave
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline zeno

« Reply #68 on: 14 / August / 2008, 11:12:23 »
After a lot of fiddling around I finally got a build for the A560 working for Doug, so you can now find "mode dial" builds for the A560, A570 and A720 here  CHDK Mode Dial Support

I'd like to try to add one of the Ixus cameras to the list - specifically the Ixus 70 (SD 1000) since My wife has one. However, these do not have a "mode dial" - you switch between Manual and Auto using the standard "Func Set" and arrow buttons. Anyone have an idea how to proceed for such cameras?
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline zeno

« Reply #69 on: 01 / December / 2008, 11:54:22 »
Just added a zip with a diff file (against rev596) to the MantisBugtracker - see  0000118: Diff file to provide dial mode switching in scripts - CHDK Bugtracker
A570, S100, Ixus 127