script with AE LOCK for pano shoots - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

script with AE LOCK for pano shoots

• 5 Replies

Offline acorrias

• [A650IS]
script with AE LOCK for pano shoots
« on: 05 / January / 2009, 16:21:07 »
Advertisements
Hi all
I've a problem with my A650IS. I've bought a panorama head (panosaurusu) to shot panos. I was conviced that, with AE LOCK set to ON, I could take a lot of shot with the same exposure. My previous cam, a Olympus C4000Z, had this function and I have been able to take panos without modify exposure parameters.

But the Ae Lock function of my A650IS resets after the first shot. I've followed the workflow from the manual:
a) half press the shoot button - b) press the EV compensation button (an asterisc appears on the display) - c) shoot

But after the shoot, the asterisc disappears and my A650IS returns to take photos with automatic exposure. So I'm going to write a script to set AE Lock for whole shoots takes during the esecution of a script. Is there a way to locl AE

Any suggestion about the use of the property number 3 called "Auto-Exposure Lock"? Has someone written such a script?

Thanks in advance
Alex

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: script with AE LOCK for pano shoots
« Reply #1 on: 05 / January / 2009, 16:41:43 »
Try your cameras stitch assistant. At least on my cam (SX100) it'll take care of the exposure during a series of shoots..

Offline acorrias

• [A650IS]
« Reply #2 on: 05 / January / 2009, 16:43:46 »
Hi
my problem is that I want to take portrait shoots with a panorama head (panosaurus).

So it's impossible to take shoots with the sticking assistant in this way.

I'm looking for a permanent AE lock.

thanks
alex

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
« Reply #3 on: 05 / January / 2009, 16:46:20 »
Depends on why you think its "impposible". The stitching assistant does not care if the next image will match with the overlay of the previous one, it'll lock the exposure. You can take a vertial panorama although the stitching assistant only does horizontal stitching.. The exposure lock will work.

If you dont like the stitching assistant because it'll block a big portion of your display, thats another story then..

Offline acorrias

• [A650IS]
« Reply #4 on: 05 / January / 2009, 16:56:46 »
You are right.
I had not thought about this solution. Tomorrow I will try.

I must say, however, that I would prefer the display not drawn by a part of the previous shoot.
thanks
alex

PS: is there a way tho have the sticking assistant with more large images?

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #5 on: 05 / January / 2009, 17:34:53 »
Also exists other way to AE locking (without CHDK), but this cannot be done using script  :(
0. Set review time to zero, shooting mode to "single"
1. press "shoot half" - exposure is locked
2. press and release "shoot full" - first shot. "shoot half" is still pressed
3. move/rotate your camera before next shoot, then goto step 2
This is "pseudo-continuos" shooting mode, exposure is locked until "shoot half" is released.