KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 70 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #690 on: 06 / January / 2016, 08:56:03 »
Advertisements
Thanks WW....I attached the KAP log labelled - 23 December
I had a quick look at that and didn't see anything obvious.  I was looking for shots where the exposure setting hit a hard limit and could not correctly expose an image.  I did not find any.

Here's a typical example of a shot.  The first line show what the camera wanted to do.  The second line show what the script changed it to.
Code: [Select]
2015Dec23 15:03:57.580 10) IMG_0400.JPG
2015Dec23 15:03:59     meter : Tv:1/80 Av:3.2 Sv:80 535:535
2015Dec23 15:03:59     actual: Tv:1/800 Av:- Sv:800
This should work unless the camera was trying to also insert the ND filter. With a report Av:3.2 that should not be the case and the script holds it out.  But if it actually was to be inserted, that would cause a three stop exposure error in the final image.

Meanwhile,  there is also this thread to consider :
 Problems using CHDK with Canon S110 .

I may very well be facing a new bug.  Can you post one of the affected jpeg's that's found in the log (IMG_0359.JPG thru IMG_0446.JPG) ?
« Last Edit: 06 / January / 2016, 09:31:26 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #691 on: 09 / January / 2016, 15:03:56 »
Hi WWZ,

Thanks for the POLOLU idea! Works nice with RC controller directly. I will hook it up to the Pixhawk on Tuesday or Wednesday.

May I ask you for one line of code?
The "update_zoom(xx)" seem to set the zoom at a certain value.
I would like to have the camera zoom in and out step-by-step (let's say by +-10) at each pwm5/pwm7 received
Code: [Select]
function pwm5(pwidth)
        update_zoom(50)
end
Many thanks in advance!
Tom
S110, SX200is,

« Reply #692 on: 09 / January / 2016, 16:12:35 »
Thanks for the POLOLU idea! Works nice with RC controller directly. I will hook it up to the Pixhawk on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Thanks! Naturally I can't remember what idea that was and a quick search of this thread does not shed any light. Refresh my memory?

May I ask you for one line of code?  The "update_zoom(xx)" seem to set the zoom at a certain value.
I would like to have the camera zoom in and out step-by-step (let's say by +-10) at each pwm5/pwm7 received
Lacking any better idea about what to do with that signal, I'll make an addition (or at least post how to do that here).  It's going to be a little more than one line - naturally.

Do you plan to use this "blind" while flying?  Or do you have some sort of real time video streaming from your UAV?  Also adding a PWM signal to reset to the zoom = 0 position might make some sense.

« Last Edit: 09 / January / 2016, 16:15:45 by waterwingz »

« Reply #693 on: 10 / January / 2016, 02:31:59 »
WWZ,
the idea came thru e-mail last July while we were beta testing the 3.6.  ;)
You are absolutely right: zooming blind would not do too much good.
I have a 3 channel video source switcher with a video transmitter (not tested yet but it should work.). One of these sources is planned to be the Canon.
zoom=0 is already in.  :)

Looking forward for the zooming code.
S110, SX200is,

Minimum shot interval on IXUS 140/ELPH 130
« Reply #694 on: 10 / January / 2016, 15:03:32 »
Hi

I am posting on this forum for the first time and still fairly new to CHDK. A big thank-you to all the developers and everyone else who has helped bring these features out. I am using a Canon Ixus 140 (Elph 130) on a fixed wing mapping drone. The KAP script is running very well in tests I have done so far, however I cannot seem to get the interval down below 3 sec. Even when it is set to 2 sec it is still giving me 3 sec. This will require me to fly higher and at 100m I will only get around 50% in track overlap which is a bit low for an unstabilized camera.

Any thoughts? Is this perhaps a limit on the camera?

Finally, does anyone have any opinons on using this camera for mapping vs some of the other Canons (100,120, 260, etc.)? I bought it mainly because it is one of the lightest of all the CHDK-capable cameras.

Thanks,
Jacques
« Last Edit: 11 / January / 2016, 01:45:39 by jacques.eloff »

« Reply #695 on: 10 / January / 2016, 15:21:08 »
Bonjour Jacques,

Welcome!
To have a better understanding can you please specify the Airframe/stall speed, the Autopilot, the triggering cable?
Thansk!
Tom
S110, SX200is,

Re: Minimum shot interval on IXUS 140/ELPH 130
« Reply #696 on: 10 / January / 2016, 16:42:47 »
Most of the Canon Powershots take a little over two seconds to focus, set exposure, shoot, and save the resulting image to their SD card.   A fast SD card helps a bit here but not much. Keeping the ISO setting below 800 also helps. Finally, you also don't want to be saving as RAW/DNG - that really slows things down.

To go faster, run the script in continuous mode by selecting Pixhawk for the USB Shot Control? setting. In that mode,  the camera takes an initial exposure for the first shot and uses that setting for all subsequent shots.  It will shoot each time the USB signal from your flight controller toggles - people have reported getting two shots per second this way !   The process resets each time the script stops seeing pulses from the flight controller.

« Reply #697 on: 11 / January / 2016, 15:02:06 »
Bonjour Jacques,

Welcome!
To have a better understanding can you please specify the Airframe/stall speed, the Autopilot, the triggering cable?
Thansk!
Tom

Hi Tom - I am flying a Skywalker X-5 with a Pixhawk. Stall speed is around 11m/s, so I have set ARSPD_FBW_MIN to 12.5m/s. For the moment I am running the KAP script with intervalometer but I do have a trigger cable which I will try.

Thanks,
Jacques

Re: Minimum shot interval on IXUS 140/ELPH 130
« Reply #698 on: 11 / January / 2016, 15:05:25 »
Most of the Canon Powershots take a little over two seconds to focus, set exposure, shoot, and save the resulting image to their SD card.   A fast SD card helps a bit here but not much. Keeping the ISO setting below 800 also helps. Finally, you also don't want to be saving as RAW/DNG - that really slows things down.

To go faster, run the script in continuous mode by selecting Pixhawk for the USB Shot Control? setting. In that mode,  the camera takes an initial exposure for the first shot and uses that setting for all subsequent shots.  It will shoot each time the USB signal from your flight controller toggles - people have reported getting two shots per second this way !   The process resets each time the script stops seeing pulses from the flight controller.

Hi waterwingz - I am using a Samsung 8Mb Evo card. At the moment I am using the intervalometer option but I'll give the cable a try with USB shot control as you say.

Cheers,
Jacques

« Reply #699 on: 12 / January / 2016, 22:25:05 »
WW_ quick reply to #690...the files are 4MB and it doesn't seem like the forum will allow a file attach of that size...or?