KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 71 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #700 on: 12 / January / 2016, 23:19:24 »
Advertisements
www.box.com?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #701 on: 13 / January / 2016, 14:03:25 »

« Reply #702 on: 14 / January / 2016, 21:54:33 »
Good Point WW - Here is the link to three jpegs for you to examine:
I took a look and compared to the log you posted earlier.  I can't see anything wrong or even unusual.

As far as the images go, this is a lot of contrast due to the extreme lighting conditions.  The sun on the swimming pool, tall trees and rooftops makes them clearly over exposed.  But the bushes in the gardens along the house wall are perfectly exposed, as are a lot of the other details (and you with your remote in your hand).

So I guess I don't have anything else to offer up here.  Sorry.

« Reply #703 on: 16 / January / 2016, 10:33:15 »
I have a 3 channel video source switcher with a video transmitter (not tested yet but it should work.). One of these sources is planned to be the Canon.
You might want to check your camera.  Most of the Powershots sold over the last several years will not output "live" video in shooting mode.  Some of the older ones apparently do.

Looking forward for the zooming code.
Here you go - tested offline as I don't currently have my PWM test setup running.

Code: [Select]
function ch2up(pwidth)
    if( repeat_check("ch2up",pwidth) >= PWM_required_repeats ) then
        if (get_zoom() < get_zoom_steps()) then set_zoom_rel(1) end
    end
end

function ch2down(pwidth)
    if( repeat_check("ch2down",pwidth) >= PWM_required_repeats ) then
        if (get_zoom() > 0) then set_zoom_rel(-1) end 
    end
end

« Reply #704 on: 16 / January / 2016, 20:07:27 »
Good Point WW - Here is the link to three jpegs for you to examine:
I took a look and compared to the log you posted earlier.  I can't see anything wrong or even unusual.

As far as the images go, this is a lot of contrast due to the extreme lighting conditions.  The sun on the swimming pool, tall trees and rooftops makes them clearly over exposed.  But the bushes in the gardens along the house wall are perfectly exposed, as are a lot of the other details (and you with your remote in your hand).

Thanks WW-
I'll try and do my next shootings with the sun more overhead (as best I can do this time of year) and see what I get.  As I said, Photoshop does a nice job of compensating for long shadows etc.

« Reply #705 on: 24 / January / 2016, 06:55:10 »
Hi

I'm a newbee in CHDK.
I tried to use this script with my Ixus 105 (SD1300) under CHDK 1.4.1 to use for a stratospheric balloon.

At run i'be got the message :
A/CHDK/SCRIPTS/WRAP13
IB/WRAP13.LUA
TERMINATED

No picture are taken.

Is someone can help me ?

Best granting

« Reply #706 on: 24 / January / 2016, 08:48:33 »
At run i'be got the message :
A/CHDK/SCRIPTS/WRAP13
IB/WRAP13.LUA
TERMINATED
This means that you do not have CHDK correctly installed on your SD card.  The script is looking for a file called wrap13.lua on the SD card in the folder named  A/CHDK/LUALIB but cannot find it.

What procedure did you follow to install CHDK?

Complete instructions are here :  Prepare Your SD Card

Note that your IXUS105 was released prior to the year 2011 and so needs to be configured with two partitions if you want to use the "SD card lock" autobooting method to start CHDK running using an SD card larger than 4G.

The simplest way to load CHDK correctly for all cameras is to use the STICK utility :  < download link >.  It will download the correct version of CHDK for you camera, format and configure your SD card correctly, and then install CHDK correctly on the card.

« Reply #707 on: 24 / January / 2016, 10:49:33 »
I used acid software to have the good CHDK version. I use a 16 Go SD card without autoboot method.

I've tried many intervalometer scripts. Those on Ubasic work fine, those under Lua don't.

Is stick utility very different from acid ?

Thanks

« Reply #708 on: 24 / January / 2016, 12:38:56 »
I used acid software to have the good CHDK version. I use a 16 Go SD card without autoboot method.
If CHDK starts then you have the correct CHDK version for your camera.

I've tried many intervalometer scripts. Those on Ubasic work fine, those under Lua don't.
That's because you have not installed CHDK correctly and are missing some required files.  Lua is quite a bit more sophisticated than uBASIC and uses more files.  uBASIC has limited features and does not need any additional files.

How did you install CHDK?   Tell us the exact name of the file you downloaded. You need to use the Complete or Full version - not the Small version.  For example, ixus105_sd1300-100b-1.4.1-4360-full.zip (not ixus105_sd1300-100b-1.4.1-4360.zip)

For "firmware update" loading method, you can use a 16G card with a single partition but you need to extract all of the files in the CHDK download with the folder structure maintained.   If the files are not located in the correct place on the SD card,  Lua and many other CHDK features will not work.

Are you using a Mac or a PC to setup the SD card ?   If its a Mac then this might help : Mac - Still Having Trouble

Is stick utility very different from acid ?
ACID simply tells you what firmware version you have. 

STICK will download the correct version of CHDK for your camera, format and configure your SD card correctly, and then install CHDK correctly on the card.

Both utilities were written by the same person.

« Reply #709 on: 25 / January / 2016, 13:59:01 »
Ok !  :)

I went back under Boot Camp / Windows7. I found the ictus 105-100d full files (as you say) and unstuff on my cards.
A lot of LIB wasn't there before.

Now, every scripts work fine ! I'll test the KAP one tomorrow. It's night now.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best granting