PC controled shooting - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

PC controled shooting

• 5 Replies
PC controled shooting
« on: 12 / March / 2008, 14:46:21 »
Advertisements
Hi everyone!

I own a IXY 900 (AKA SD800 and IXUS850) camera and have just downloaded CHDK for it (Allbest #47). I think it's great what you guys have accomplished!
For some time now I've wanted to shoot a timelapse of plants growing and since my camera doesn't support it I've been thinking of alternative ways of doing this. Then along comes CHDK with it's USB remote feature.  :) I've read posts about building USB remote controls for cameras and stumbled upon multibutton idea (Fingalo's I think). Now, is it possible to connect it to a PC USB port and make a PC program that will control USB power outputs and by that control the camera? It would be great if one power output timing would turn the camera on (like in Fingalo's text on http://hem.passagen.se/fsmmal/chdk2.html), one longer make it shoot and one even longer turn it off again.
I know timelapse could be done by endless intervalometer but I wouldn't like to leave my camera on for that long (nor could I because I don't have the AC adapter...  :))
I'm not a programmer but if anyone has any ideas how to make this work I would be very willing to help.

Thanks in advance

Re: PC controled shooting
« Reply #1 on: 12 / March / 2008, 15:00:37 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:03:46 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Re: PC controlled shooting
« Reply #2 on: 12 / March / 2008, 19:42:45 »
Thank you for the uBASIC command suggestion, that simplifies the problem a bit (1/3 to be exact  ;))

I was wondering how the changes in light would affect the growth and thought of putting the plants in a dark chamber or something but thanks for verifying my doubts and giving them a suitable scientific name...  :)

« Reply #3 on: 12 / March / 2008, 21:56:33 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:04:05 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #4 on: 01 / June / 2011, 09:46:59 »
Hello, i am interested in finding the way to shot the camer with the pc only in a certain moment (selected by the pc user and no with time elpase)... Someone find the way to solve it??? Thanks!!!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #5 on: 01 / June / 2011, 16:18:26 »
Don't forget what the H stands for.