sx110is couple of questions! - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

sx110is couple of questions!

• 1 Replies
sx110is couple of questions!
« on: 01 / October / 2009, 10:31:16 »
Advertisements
Hi there!

This is may first post here...

So, i have the canon sx110is and got the CHDK on and everything works fine.

1. Does anybody know at what voltage does the camera shut down? Because i think that with rechargeble batteries (thay have 1.2V unlike normal batteries 1.5V) camera shuts down with batteries half full/empty, because of the lower voltage, but batteries still have lots of power. I think that the camera is programmed to shut down at about 1.2V per battery and so on... you know what my point is! So, does the CHDK have some tweeks about it? Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Why do have to hold the ON/OFF button for like a second for the camera to turn ON?? Its really annoying!!! Any ideas how to fix that??

I think thats it for now...

Thanks everybody!!!!                   BOW...

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: sx110is couple of questions!
« Reply #1 on: 01 / October / 2009, 12:37:15 »
Hello & welcome, vidvranjek !
1.) Does anybody know at what voltage does the camera shut down? Because i think that with rechargeble batteries (thay have 1.2V unlike normal batteries 1.5V) camera shuts down with batteries half full/empty, because of the lower voltage, but batteries still have lots of power. I think that the camera is programmed to shut down at about 1.2V per battery and so on... you know what my point is! So, does the CHDK have some tweeks about it? Any ideas/suggestions?
Go to the CHDK OSD parameters -- Battery menu, enable Show Battery Volts there; then you'll see the voltages on the CHDK OSD.
With CHDK you can't change the camera's shutdown voltage.
I suggest to use Eneloop type NiMH batteries; use the forum search function, there are lots of threads about this...

2. Why do have to hold the ON/OFF button for like a second for the camera to turn ON?? Its really annoying!!! Any ideas how to fix that??
Quote from: reyalP
This behavior is inherent in the way CHDK works. The camera takes time to power up, load CHDK, and start running the CHDK program. If you start with a normal length button click, the button will already have been released by the time CHDK is running. In that situation, it is impossible for CHDK to know which button was used to start.
You can hold the power button, start in playback mode and half-press the shutter to switch to record mode or you can use a little script (autostarted, just with a click "shoot_half" command).