DNG and JPG files are corrupted (filled with zeros) - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

DNG and JPG files are corrupted (filled with zeros)

• 13 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: DNG and JPG files are corrupted (filled with zeros)
« Reply #10 on: 19 / May / 2017, 23:02:43 »
Advertisements
the images are not black, the files are all binary filled with zero, the whole file.
That is very weird. Can you upload a jpeg and DNG example somewhere? (Too large for the forum, use dropbox, google drive, box.com etc)

waterwingz suggestion of formatting or using a different card is also a good idea.

I am new to chdk, how can I debug asserts or when the camera crash? to check the error logs?
If the camera crashes, there is a good chance it will generate a romlog: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Debugging#Camera_crash_logs_.28romlog.29

edit:
I realized your first post said ixus220, so my comments on the sx230/sx220 likely don't apply.
« Last Edit: 19 / May / 2017, 23:04:55 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #11 on: 23 / May / 2017, 13:10:01 »
I found something new on this case.

Extra information: I am formating the SD card in FAT16 bootable.

I found that once the CHDK fails to save an image (ie. the image is filled with zeros) then even if I start the camera in normal mode (i.e card unlock.. regular camera firmware) the original camera firmware will also fail to save on the same way, ie. it will create zero filled files.

Any hint on this problem?

Could it be a relation between this camera, CHDK and FAT16 ? .. or even this SD card that is not ok?

I couldn't find however any pattern how to reproduce it.

« Reply #12 on: 23 / May / 2017, 13:14:06 »
Could it be a relation between this camera, CHDK and FAT16 ? .. or even this SD card that is not ok?
Obvious question - did you try a different SD card?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #13 on: 23 / May / 2017, 13:23:06 »
Obvious question - did you try a different SD card?

not yet, will do it tomorrow, but I tried again several times to reformat this card (with the camera).