odd and even naming of images using two cameras in a book scanner - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

odd and even naming of images using two cameras in a book scanner

• 1 Replies
Advertisements
 good day sirs, i am having a problem with saving images in my laptop using the two cameras,.i want the two cameras to be sync in naming the images,.
:for example, when camera1 shoots it must make an image file named as img_001 and then the second camera must name its image file as img_002,.but what is happening is the second camera will overwrite the first image captured by the first camera.

--i am making a book scanner with two cameras using chdkptp,.
--the shooting is already in sync

***what i really want to happen is for camera 1 to have an odd extension number and even for the second camera for their captured images.
Tnx...

Offline reyalp

Re: odd and even naming of images using two cameras in a book scanner
« Reply #1 on: 12 / February / 2015, 15:56:30 »
good day sirs, i am having a problem with saving images in my laptop using the two cameras,.i want the two cameras to be sync in naming the images,.
:for example, when camera1 shoots it must make an image file named as img_001 and then the second camera must name its image file as img_002,.but what is happening is the second camera will overwrite the first image captured by the first camera.

--i am making a book scanner with two cameras using chdkptp,.
--the shooting is already in sync

***what i really want to happen is for camera 1 to have an odd extension number and even for the second camera for their captured images.
Tnx...
You can't control the names of the files on the camera. chdkptp does have the capability to rename files as they are downloaded. The simplest way to do this will depend on how you are doing the shooting and downloading. If you can describe your existing process, I can make suggestions.

You don't need to PM me with the same thing you posted in the forum. I follow the forums pretty closely and answer when I can.
Don't forget what the H stands for.