Overcome limited FPS by using multiple cameras - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Overcome limited FPS by using multiple cameras

• 2 Replies
Overcome limited FPS by using multiple cameras
« on: 23 / February / 2009, 12:01:42 »
Advertisements
If my camera has a maximum fps rate of 1.7, I'd like to chain one or more additional cameras so combined I can get more frames per second and control when each camera's shutter fires.

For instance, I have three cameras.  I want each camera to fire once every 0.7 seconds but I want each camera to be offset from the other by 0.7 / 3 seconds or about 0.233 seconds so my effective fps for the three cameras combined will be about 4.3 fps.

It seems that this can easily be implemented in a way similar to the camera hook up used with SDM except you'd need a three cable remote switch syncing three cameras instead of two.  One camera would be considered the Master so you'd need to be able to enter the offset into the other two Slave cameras.

Or is this capability already available with CHDK?  I did see a photo where someone had 7 cameras lined up with all of them individually adjustable along three axis of rotation.  But maybe in that case they all could only be fired at the same time with no offset.

jj

Offline barret

• S3 & a550
Re: Overcome limited FPS by using multiple cameras
« Reply #1 on: 23 / February / 2009, 12:44:12 »
i think it would be cheaper to buy one casio camera (or one good camera) instead of multiple other cameras:D but of course, that depends on your needs.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: Overcome limited FPS by using multiple cameras
« Reply #2 on: 23 / February / 2009, 13:43:05 »
Well, the syncable remote feature has a programmable delay you can readily use for this I'd imagine, and it will be pretty accurate.

But the cameras will likely go out of sync pretty fast unless you are lucky or very careful to always fit them with identical, completely empty and non-fragmented memory cards.