alt menu disappearing by itself the first time (A540) ? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

alt menu disappearing by itself the first time (A540) ?

• 4 Replies

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
    • poll about some pics (not much serious) ^^
alt menu disappearing by itself the first time (A540) ?
« on: 19 / June / 2008, 09:14:15 »
Advertisements
Hej,
There is a small problem I'm having for a long time, prolly since I started to use CHDK from A540 beta build to jucifer's built and allbest around #50 in between...
Here it is :
First time I press alt + menu, I get the CHDK menu as expected, but it goes away after few second while I'm browsing the menu... then I enter it again and it stays.
At first I thought it might just be my buttons/cam getting old, but the fact it happens only the first time, and then I can browse all I want and it never disappears again....
I'm posting to know if anyone got the same behaviour, or if anyone can help me with this.

Re: alt menu disappearing by itself the first time (A540) ?
« Reply #1 on: 21 / June / 2008, 12:38:26 »
I sometimes get this as well, though I am using Allbest's builds on my SD800.  It seems quite random to me, not every time.

« Reply #2 on: 21 / June / 2008, 14:34:07 »
I believe the problem is caused by your LCD mode.

Your LCD should have three modes of display...off, standard, and detailed.  My guess is that you currently have standard view enabled.  In standard view the LCD will display all shooting information for 6 seconds and then erase it.  It is during this refresh that all the CHDK <ALT> mode items are erased.

However, the menu is actually still there.  All you need to do is press the up-down buttons as if the menu was still there, and it will appear again.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 21 / June / 2008, 15:40:04 »
I believe the problem is caused by your LCD mode.

Your LCD should have three modes of display...off, standard, and detailed.  My guess is that you currently have standard view enabled.  In standard view the LCD will display all shooting information for 6 seconds and then erase it.  It is during this refresh that all the CHDK <ALT> mode items are erased.

However, the menu is actually still there.  All you need to do is press the up-down buttons as if the menu was still there, and it will appear again.
Some People had this "problem" also on the Ixus 860 (SD870) - in the Canon default setting the Canon OSD disappears after ~ 10 seconds, the CHDK OSD is overpainted / cleared.
Pressing DISP once and the "problem" was gone - the camera saves the last display state until it is changed again by the DISP button.

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
    • poll about some pics (not much serious) ^^
« Reply #4 on: 22 / June / 2008, 08:25:57 »
Hej,
Okej thanks guys for explanations, but then wouldn't there be a way through CHDK to go around that ?