PowerShot A540, Memory card locked error, SanDisk 4GB card - page 2 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

PowerShot A540, Memory card locked error, SanDisk 4GB card

• 14 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: PowerShot A540, Memory card locked error, SanDisk 4GB card
« Reply #10 on: 24 / August / 2009, 15:20:57 »
Advertisements
@classicalgeek
Are you really sure that this card is NOT a SDHC one ?

The A540 doesn't support SDHC cards, only SD cards are usable.
There are both types of memory cards with 4GB out there, the older SD type and the newer SDHC type.
Normally on a SDHC card there's a classification on the label, e.g. "Class 6" or just "(6)"...

When you start such a camera with a SDHC card, you'll always get "Memory Card Error", also "Card locked" which dissapears after some second (in playback mode).

But then camera should never accept this card !?

So when the camera itself don't accept the card, either it is a SDHC one, or the card is broken...

« Reply #11 on: 25 / August / 2009, 16:29:52 »
Thank you, that happens to be exactly the problem (when I put my glasses on, I'm middle-aged).

I'll look for a SD, not a SDHC card. Given the success with a 1gb card I'm sure it will work just fine. Now if only I can find a non-SDHC card!

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help!

Offline Sow.N.Reap

• Canon S5is
« Reply #12 on: 26 / August / 2009, 15:04:58 »
Transcend has some 4gb SD cards .. they're not SDHC.

Amazon has a Transcend 4gb 133x SD which would be a little faster a Sandisk Ultra ll 100x as per this Wiki article.

Amazon also has Transcend 4gb 45x but for the couple bucks difference I'd go with the faster speed.

I haven't used either of these cards but have read good things about Transcend cards in general. There's a few reviews on Amazon that people had trouble with this card being recognized by their device but many more that had no trouble. So it's up to you to decide whether to take a chance or not.

NewEgg also sells these if you prefer them or to read more reviews about it.

Just thought I'd post this info for you that I found while researching SD/SDHC cards. Or you can just get a 2gb SD card.

« Last Edit: 26 / August / 2009, 15:06:53 by Sow.N.Reap »
Canon S5is .. My Flickr page

« Reply #13 on: 26 / August / 2009, 16:44:01 »
Thank you so much for the links--I was looking at them yesterday and it was so kind of you to post the link to the product for me!

I was reading the reviews but when I saw Wolf Camera was selling them I figured that they would probably be ok.

Again, thank you to everyone out there--you have all been so helpful!

« Reply #14 on: 06 / February / 2012, 10:53:30 »
I believe, that 2.5 years of waiting for the answer is enough to forget the question:) If this is not a spam.
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick