hacking Canon EOS 1000D - page 11 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

hacking Canon EOS 1000D

• 101 Replies
Re: hacking Canon EOS 1000D
« Reply #100 on: 09 / December / 2011, 18:55:26 »
Advertisements
Hi guys,

I've been using CHDK for my Canon P&S camera's for a while now.  I've been able to capture some amazing images using CHDK.  It has opened up a world of possibilities for me and now I have acquired a Canon EOS Rebel XS the model number is as follows:  Canon Rebel XS DS126191

I've found it hard to find the exact model of my camera but based on what I"m seeing on the forums it looks like it is a 1000D, is this correct?

If so, then I am running firmware version 1.0.3, should I go ahead and upgrade to 1.0.5 or hold off? 

There are tons of threads open in regards to to this camera so I guess my first question is, "Where do we stand in regards to a CHDK release for this camera?" 

I know the 300D was "hacked" but was using a DIGIC I and an x86 architecture OS.  I guess this one is using a DIGIC III and runs DryOS?  I'm still learning about camera firmware and development.  I've worked in the IT field as a Network/Systems Administrator for a number of years now and I hope to get up to speed on what's going on here and offer any help that I can.

If there is anything I can do to help or speed up the development of CHDK for this model please let me know. 

Otherwise, any answers to the questions I have above would be much appreciated....

Thanks guys and I look forward to speaking with you all in the forums.

Regards,

PAinguIN

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
Re: hacking Canon EOS 1000D
« Reply #101 on: 23 / December / 2011, 15:12:10 »
please see my initial porting efforts here:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6238.0
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8