UI properties (PTM functions) - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

UI properties (PTM functions)

• 49 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: UI properties (PTM functions)
« Reply #10 on: 17 / August / 2014, 20:23:51 »
Advertisements
And maybe a little nudge towards reyalp (who I know has been working on that list).
As far as I understand it should have no affect on stability unless you turn on the debug display, so I have no objection.

This definitely seems like useful work.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #11 on: 18 / August / 2014, 13:24:39 »
And maybe a little nudge towards reyalp (who I know has been working on that list).
As far as I understand it should have no affect on stability unless you turn on the debug display,
It gets worse. I decided to add another debug tool by re-using the routine that is responsible for the "CmpProp" debug feature. That should speed up finding the IDs.
New patch attached.
« Last Edit: 18 / August / 2014, 14:55:18 by srsa_4c »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #12 on: 18 / August / 2014, 15:25:54 »
The current goal of the patch is to add the new debug display as mentioned in the opening post.
Further possibilities include (after camera-specific research)
I suppose the main purpose is the aquisition of information that isn't yet available by using the new debug display on various cameras. Well, the question is do you know what information you'd like?
There are several camera settings that can't currently be set by CHDK. For example, there's a function for querying the "drive mode", but (AFAIK) the only way to change the setting is to use the Canon controls (by hand or by scripted keypresses).
Can you give a sound step by step of what to collect / can the information be collected by a script.
Considering the above and the fact that the UI of various cameras is different, automated scripts are not feasible.
What to collect: per the above example, the ID of the Canon drive mode and the values corresponding to its settings.
On the a3200: ID is 12, 1 for continuous drive, 0 for single shot

Due to the nature of these IDs (camera model dependency), new CHDK features building upon PTM functions will be enabled only for tested models.

You can start collecting this kind of information if you want, but there's no hurry as the info won't be used right now.

« Reply #13 on: 18 / August / 2014, 16:30:41 »

Due to the nature of these IDs (camera model dependency), new CHDK features building upon PTM functions will be enabled only for tested models
These features are the kind of things I was thinking about when I suggested pushing this off to be part of 1.4.0
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #14 on: 18 / August / 2014, 16:51:41 »
Due to the nature of these IDs (camera model dependency), new CHDK features building upon PTM functions will be enabled only for tested models
These features are the kind of things I was thinking about when I suggested pushing this off to be part of 1.4.0
There aren't any such features planned at the moment.
What the patch does is:
- identifies a few functions that will be useful later
- determines the UI property count
- adds debug facilities that help future research

I'm not pushing this, if its impact feels too big, it will be added after 1.4.

Here's a poor howto on usage:
Miscellaneous stuff -> Debug parameters -> ALT +/- debug action -> [CmpUIPr]

The UI properties will be sampled when the "debug shortcut" button is pressed in ALT mode.

The debug shortcut is usually one of the following buttons:
- "erase" (if it's not one of the directional buttons)
- DISP (if there is a separate DISP button)
- a button which is not a directional button, not SET, not MENU; for example the video (aka movie) button
In some cases there is no button assigned for this.

From the second sampling on, differences to the previous sample will be listed on screen.
This listing may conflict with CHDK on-screen elements, you may want to switch those off.

If you're hunting a specific setting: make sure you only change the desired setting.
For example, the vertical cursor position in the shooting menu has its own ID, but it is obviously not much of interest.

The IDs and values will be printed in decimal.

If somebody wants to use the IDs with the PTM_SetCurrentItem eventproc:
Add 0x8000 to the ID (you need to convert the decimal ID to hex). Only 2 exception is the ixus30 and 40 which use native IDs starting from 0.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #15 on: 18 / August / 2014, 17:23:41 »
Good work. I vote for a fast integration in version 1.3. It's a small debug function. But it's helps to make UI function easier for scripts (depends of the camera). So we can also collect informations about the different cameras for future tasks.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #16 on: 18 / August / 2014, 17:36:18 »
I'm not pushing this, if its impact feels too big, it will be added after 1.4.
Good work. I vote for a fast integration in version 1.3. It's a small debug function. But it's helps to make UI function easier for scripts (depends of the camera). So we can also collect informations about the different cameras for future tasks.
To clarify,  I agree with everyone else that the patch be added to 1.3.0

What I was trying to say (badly) was that the follow-on new features / script function / UI changes etc that may use this new capability should be part of 1.4.0   

Which is what I think you are saying too?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #17 on: 18 / August / 2014, 17:59:57 »
the follow-on new features / script function / UI changes etc that may use this new capability should be part of 1.4.0   

Which is what I think you are saying too?
Yes.

« Reply #18 on: 01 / July / 2015, 04:25:14 »
See UI properties for Ixus 160 in attachment (tab separated file)

But I didn't find properties for:

Tools: Lens Retraction
Tools: Power Saving: Display Off
Tools: LCD Brightness
Tools: Start-up Image
Tools: Create Folder
Tools: Video System
Tools: Language

Probably, c6 is not latest property for Ixus 160 ?

« Reply #19 on: 01 / July / 2015, 11:00:00 »
Here's a poor howto on usage:
Not sure it is so poor...anyway, I spent a little time building from srsa_4c's patch above but, based on msl's kind pointer here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12428.msg123114#msg123114, still wasn't able to do / discover anything useful on my sx150is (I haven't had much time to dwell on investigation though).

If a slightly more comprehensive "howto" were to appear that would be a welcome hand up - getting away from some key-presses might be nice/useful.