Override Subject Distance, Set zoom - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Override Subject Distance, Set zoom

• 3 Replies
Override Subject Distance, Set zoom
« on: 06 / September / 2017, 01:50:41 »
Advertisements
Hello,

I did some searching to answer my questions before posting here but haven't come up with answers ...

Is there a way to set Override Subject Distance faster than incrementing by 1 or by holding the button down (which, although faster than repeatedly pushing the button, is still pitifully slow )?  :D

I have a SX40HS and an Elph 160 and don't see a way to set the Zoom to a specific amount in the CHDK settings. Is this not supported on these cameras, or is that function only available through scripts?

Offline reyalp

Re: Override Subject Distance, Set zoom
« Reply #1 on: 06 / September / 2017, 02:22:27 »
I have a SX40HS and an Elph 160 and don't see a way to set the Zoom to a specific amount in the CHDK settings. Is this not supported on these cameras, or is that function only available through scripts?
Zoom can only be done in script.

There are keyboard shortcuts for subject distance http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Camera_Key_Usage_with_CHDK but I believe they are only enabled for cameras that do not have MF in the canon firmware, so would only be available on your elph160, not the sx40. On the these cameras, zoom in alt mode should adjust focus and left/right should change the size of the step.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 06 / September / 2017, 02:24:12 »
Is there a way to set Override Subject Distance faster than incrementing by 1 or by holding the button down (which, although faster than repeatedly pushing the button, is still pitifully slow )?  :D
Push the zoom lever left or right while adjusting any CHDK numeric entry to select which digit is to be adjusted.

AFAIK you need to do this in a script. If it was a menu entry, when would CHDK actually move the zoom position? When the camera starts up? When you take a picture? Typically doing either would mean moving the lens when it is least desired to be doing so.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #3 on: 06 / September / 2017, 02:56:18 »
Thanks to both of you!