CHDK Lua script environment (for Windows) - page 3 - LUA Scripting - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK Lua script environment (for Windows)

• 39 Replies

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
Re: CHDK Lua script environment (for Windows)
« Reply #20 on: 30 / January / 2019, 13:05:21 »
Advertisements
Open the subfolder npp. There is the used portable version of npp. Execute the notepad++.exe.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #21 on: 30 / January / 2019, 14:39:55 »
Ahh thank you. I think my Mistake was a different one.. I had a Window of npp already running when I was trying it.. So it just opened a new tab in my running npp. Now everything works

« Reply #22 on: 02 / February / 2019, 06:47:09 »
Is there Still a way to manually install it into an existing Notepad++ Installation? Id prefer it if I can use it with my Existing/Up to date Notepad++ Version?

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
« Reply #23 on: 02 / February / 2019, 12:44:50 »
Theoretically, it is possible. But the dependencies of npp, Hostlua, Keypad (virtual camera display & buttons) and chdkptp are complicated. This circumstance and the simplest possible installation is the reason why a portable version of npp is used.

msl

« Reply #24 on: 02 / February / 2019, 14:20:11 »
Right, it is convenient, maybe I'd besser live with it lol

« Reply #25 on: 03 / February / 2019, 18:40:24 »
@msl :  does the emulator support the new CHDK scripting header format for defining users parameters ?

i.e. :
Code: [Select]
# interval          7      "Shot Interval (Sec)" { Burst Fast 2 3 4 5 10 15 20 30 45 60 90 120 180 240 300 }vs
Code: [Select]
@param     i Shot Interval (sec)
  @default i 7
  @values  i Burst Fast 2 3 4 5 10 15 20 30 45 60 90 120 180 240 300

Also, I keep getting a pop-up message box with title CHDK hostlua Keypad 0.4.3 and the message  CHDK hostlua project not found!.  I don't have chdkptp installed yet - could that be the problem?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #26 on: 04 / February / 2019, 02:27:20 »
Did you run the Config Script after unpacking the zip?

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
« Reply #27 on: 04 / February / 2019, 03:50:06 »
does the emulator support the new CHDK scripting header format for defining users parameters ?
Yes, there is a example script (hostluaPortable/scripts/grid_viewer.lua) with the new script header. This script displays grid files. The header recognition is part of the hostlua script emu.lua.
Also, I keep getting a pop-up message box with title CHDK hostlua Keypad 0.4.3 and the message  CHDK hostlua project not found!.
keypad.exe will not work without the necessary dependencies. Use config.cmd for the first setup. For a later update you can use update.cmd.
I don't have chdkptp installed yet - could that be the problem?
No, chdkptp is included in the hostluaPortable zip file. After running config.cmd npp will find the right path. But there is also the possibility to specify the path to an existing chdkptp. chdkptp is only necessary for the communication with the camera (direct script test from npp or file up or download).

For more informations read the readme file. ;)

msl

An addition: 1. cmd files are unable to detect blank characters in path information. 2. vbs scripts are used for the configuration. There could be safety warnings.
« Last Edit: 04 / February / 2019, 04:13:29 by msl »

« Reply #28 on: 04 / February / 2019, 03:50:28 »
Did you run the Config Script after unpacking the zip?
Yes

« Reply #29 on: 04 / February / 2019, 04:08:16 »
The header recognition is part of the hostlua script emu.lua.
That explains why it did not accept the new format as hostlua is not being found.

Use config.cmd for the first setup. For a later update you can use update.cmd.
I did that right away on installation - the readme file was quite clear that. No error messages so I assume it worked. No blanks in the path name either.

Windows10 shoots up a warning before execution is allowed but I told it to go ahead anyway.

No, chdkptp is included in the hostluaPortable zip file. After running config.cmd npp will find the right path. But there is also the possibility to specify the path to an existing chdkptp. chdkptp is only necessary for the communication with the camera (direct script test from npp or file up or download).
That's what I thought. I don't have the DLL hack that allows chdkptp to actually communicate installed yet but I guess that should not matter.

For more informations read the readme file. ;)
Thanks ;)  I did that several times and it does not point to a solution.
« Last Edit: 04 / February / 2019, 04:19:32 by waterwingz »