The SX1 IS Porting Thread - page 20 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

The SX1 IS Porting Thread

• 381 Replies
Re: The SX1 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #190 on: 19 / April / 2009, 06:37:15 »
Advertisements
(Btw: I ask myself, if Cont-AF is working correctly on the SX10 then...)
Continuous AF is working correctly with CHDK on the SX10 (including things like bracketing during continuous AF.

Thanks! I'm actually working on the Sequence, that is the "source" of the issue....there is a major code difference in SX1 vs. SX10 Capture_Seqence...

The SX1 has additional code - compared to SX10 with some additional Jumps into other Kernel Routines....

Additional code is in sub_FF960CD4_my
             "LDR     R6, =0xA5CC\n"
             "LDR     R0, [R6,#8]\n"
             "CMP     R0, #0\n"
             "BNE     loc_FF960D24\n"
             "MOV     R1, #1\n"
             "MOV     R0, #0\n"
             "BL      sub_FF827DE4\n"
             "STR     R0, [R6,#8]\n"
             "MOV     R3, #0\n"
             "STR     R3, [SP, #0]\n"
             "LDR     R3, =0xFF96078C\n"
             "LDR     R0, =0xFF960F84\n"
             "MOV     R2, #0x400\n"
             "MOV     R1, #0x17\n"
             "BL      sub_FF827DB0\n"

These lines do not exist in SX10 code. Actually just commenting them out does not work. Seems to be additional stuff (eventually due to CMOS Sensor technology). Unfortunately "Jumps" to the sub-routines are quite extensive...

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #191 on: 19 / April / 2009, 07:33:41 »
...well, it seems that I opened/closed/ejectd/inserted already to many times a SD Card on my Cam....

Mod your card reader (to ignor the lock switch) ! 

« Reply #192 on: 19 / April / 2009, 07:55:02 »
Mod your card reader (to ignor the lock switch) ! 

It was not the Card Reader but the "Microswitch" in the SD Slot of my SX1 itself....Card Reader always worked fine..as said: Thanks to the link from reyalp, I managed to fix it!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #193 on: 19 / April / 2009, 15:36:50 »
Thanky reyalp! You made my day! :-D
Hmmm. This has happened to an SX1 and SX10 user on this forum. Both cameras are relatively new, and physically very similar. Perhaps a design defect or at least a weak component ?

It's certainly unsurprising if a defective lock switch doesn't get noticed too often, since very few people other than CHDK users or canon service techs would intentionally put a locked card in their camera.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #194 on: 19 / April / 2009, 16:39:11 »
Yes...at least: My cam was since 3 weeks under "special" usage.... :-) Porting now certainly meant 300x inserting/ejecting the SD Card ... But thanks to you link, this issue can be fixed - without undertaking the Canon Service Path ...but it is to be treated very carefully...and yes: except "us" on the CHDK side and Canon Service People, nobody needs the lock switch

Offline pev69

« Reply #195 on: 19 / April / 2009, 21:25:31 »
Okay, here's the zebra modification for trunk 744. Unzip under the trunk744 dir and let it replace the files.
The changes in code are in core\gui_osd.c in functions gui_osd_zebra_init and gui_osd_draw_zebra. Plus definitions added for CAM_HAS_VARIABLE_ASPECT (include\camera.h) and PROPCASE_ASPECT_RATIO (include\propset2.h).

EDIT: There is a slight esthetic dismissal :) in the current logic when in 4:3 mode: canon's own OSD elements are not drawn on the black bars when zebra is visible; this is particularly noticable if you comment out the line
#define ZEBRA_CANONOSD_BORDER_RESTORE   1
near the beginning of the file core\gui_osd.c (this should cause all of canon's own elements to show with zebra, not just borders as the define does). It is due to the fact that I added a condition that nothing is drawn on the black bars when any zebra is drawn :). Will correct it later.

EDIT: It is now part of the official trunk, since #752. Still haven't gotten myself to fix the canon OSD thing, sorry.
« Last Edit: 25 / April / 2009, 07:38:52 by pev69 »

« Reply #196 on: 20 / April / 2009, 03:06:38 »
PEV69! EXCELLENT!!! Clean and structured coding! and most important: WORKING! :-D

(i even saw in gui_osd.c, that my thoughts/suggestion of when and how to "calculate" the correction factor has been used and is working!) :-D

I'm extremely happy, that you are such a Crack! As said: I'm not a developer, but working as "translator" between Business & IT... I can read & understand many languages and code, but due to lack of practice/knowledge of syntax, it takes me too long to implement it. ...But it definately seems to workout great between us two! Thank you so much!

As said: I'm not a higher-programming-language crack, but I do love Assembler (since PocketPC's in the '80)! So I myself am just "learning" the ARM Assembler language for now (Syntax, commands), because I do want to find the PS.FI2 and Cont-AF issue...but due to the learning-curve (and because of our "normal" daily jobs), It may take another 2-3 weeks until the next major break-through.

Till later

F.

BTW: Regarding the EdgeOverlay....the fix for our SX1 is also within the EdgeOverlay Code....is it of use, if I'm tracking down the issue there and describe (in my simplified language) of what I think needs to be done?

« Reply #197 on: 20 / April / 2009, 03:15:19 »

EDIT: There is a slight esthetic dismissal :) in the current logic when in 4:3 mode: canon's own OSD elements are not drawn on the black bars when zebra is visible; this is particularly noticable if you comment out the line
near the beginning of the file core\gui_osd.c (this should cause all of canon's own elements to show with zebra, not just borders as the define does). It is due to the fact that I added a condition that nothing is drawn on the black bars when any zebra is drawn :). Will correct it later.

Are you sure, that it is really a true issue? Because don't forget: there are "two" Custom-Display Modes on the Canon itself.

Yes: on the "first" one the Canon OSD will disappear after first "Zebra-Blink"....BUT if I push the "DISP" Button once (--> and use the 2nd Custom-Display Profile, including display of Detail-Informations) The OSD will work as expected...

Cheers

Offline pev69

« Reply #198 on: 20 / April / 2009, 03:22:56 »
PEV69! EXCELLENT!!! Clean and structured coding! and most important: WORKING! :-D
BTW: Regarding the EdgeOverlay....the fix for our SX1 is also within the EdgeOverlay Code....is it of use, if I'm tracking down the issue there and describe (in my simplified language) of what I think needs to be done?

:) Thanks! I'll propably look into the edge thing next at some point. You may look at it if you wish :), and I'm sure it is of use. But if you don't, no worries, I'm sure I'll find it on my own too ;).

BTW, as I already hinted in the zebra mod post, depending on your tastes you might want to comment out the
near the beginning of the core\gui_osd.c. This causes all of canon's own OSD to be nicely visible during zebra drawing (but not currently on the black bars in 4:3 as I said). This WILL take about 85 kB more RAM during zebra, but as the SX1 has more than 1 MB free, should not cause much trouble.

EDIT: Oh, you replied while I was typing this. Well, it is not much of an issue, but still to my tastes a bit nicer :)

EDIT2: Oh, I don't know if we are talking about the same thing now, but if you are in 4:3 and have zebra on, when you press half-shoot, e.g. the camera's own ISO display on the right black bar disappears whenever there is any zebra stripes drawn on screen.
« Last Edit: 20 / April / 2009, 03:31:15 by pev69 »

« Reply #199 on: 20 / April / 2009, 04:09:02 »

EDIT2: Oh, I don't know if we are talking about the same thing now, but if you are in 4:3 and have zebra on, when you press half-shoot, e.g. the camera's own ISO display on the right black bar disappears whenever there is any zebra stripes drawn on screen.

Ah! I see! the "blinking" ISOxxx value....well....i compiled an "old" Trunk 730 & 744 (mod) for my S2 IS to check if this was then already the case.

In both versions (730 as well 744 including your "mods") the values (Shutterspeed/Aperture) are staying fine on the display (while blinking Zebra) on the S2 IS.

In both versions (730 as well 744 including your "mods) the values (ISO, Shutterspeed, etc) are blinking on the display (while blinking Zebra) on the SX1

So fixing the "blink" is already an additional fix for the SX1 :-)

EDIT: This was my "Post No. 100" :-D

« Last Edit: 24 / April / 2009, 09:02:21 by fboesch »