SD790 IS Menu Problem - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

SD790 IS Menu Problem

• 3 Replies
SD790 IS Menu Problem
« on: 13 / May / 2013, 18:54:49 »
Advertisements
Below is an exerpt from the CHDK manual and it tells me to scroll down to the "update the firmware" option...

There is no such option for this camera.  Any suggestions? I am really stuck.  I need to know the firmware that the camera is using.

Thanks in advance

Gregg :D

Manual load method
When the SD card has a camera specific file, which for some versions is “PS.FIR”, and others
“PS.FI2”, the card is left unlocked and then:
1. Switch the camera on in Play mode, not Record mode,
2. Press the MENU button, then press UP once (or scroll down the menu list)
3. An option to update the firmware appears, Select that option (press FUNC.SET)
4. Confirm the update, (OK-press FUNC.SET)

Re: SD790 IS Menu Problem
« Reply #1 on: 13 / May / 2013, 19:21:56 »
Below is an exerpt from the CHDK manual and it tells me to scroll down to the "update the firmware" option...
There is no such option for this camera.  Any suggestions? I am really stuck.  I need to know the firmware that the camera is using.
The firmware update option only appears when you start the camera in playback mode (i.e. not with the On/Off switch) and there is a valid ps.fi2 file in the root of the SD card.

Given that you seem to be looking for the firmware version of your camera,  I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself?  You probably want to work carefully through all the steps listed here first :

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

If you use the STICK utility from the link at the top of that page,  things will be much easier for you.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 13 / May / 2013, 23:27:33 »
Thanks Waterwingz for the response.  I did start the camera using the play button and not the on/off switch thanks.  I am going to walk through your tutorial now and make sure the I have moved the CHDK files over correctly and to the right spot.  I will post an update as I make progress.

Thanks a Ton!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 13 / May / 2013, 23:34:30 »
If you transferred the files using a Mac, see the is FAQ http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac#Still_Having_Trouble.3F
Don't forget what the H stands for.