fujifilm finepix s series

• 113 Replies
Re: fujifilm finepix s series
« Reply #60 on: 05 / February / 2014, 22:32:18 »
Advertisements
Nothing new over here ..?

« Reply #61 on: 09 / May / 2014, 00:33:52 »
I know it's been a while, but I've been very, very busy with academics lately. I'll try to capture a few more images in the Take12BitCCDRawImage mode when I get the chance and will post the resulting files on my website.

--DragonLord
Other online communities I'm in: Stack Exchange - Wikipedia - Pentax Forums

« Reply #62 on: 09 / May / 2014, 00:35:50 »
Greatys! Thanks. What is your website?

« Reply #63 on: 09 / May / 2014, 00:54:21 »
It's http://www.fierydragonlord.com/. My blog is at https://blog.fierydragonlord.com/ (it's been inactive lately, though). I'll probably be able to push a few raw files onto the website in a few days.

I've set up an article about this project on the main site, with the goal of consolidating the information in this thread.

--DragonLord
« Last Edit: 09 / May / 2014, 01:43:31 by DragonLord »

« Reply #64 on: 09 / May / 2014, 13:01:23 »
Does anybody have open-source code or a standalone Windows executable for converting the DSCO raw files to TIFF or DNG? Without a means to convert these images to a usable file format, I can't process them, let alone color-profile the camera.

--DragonLord

« Reply #65 on: 09 / May / 2014, 13:05:06 »
It's http://www.fierydragonlord.com/. My blog is at https://blog.fierydragonlord.com/ (it's been inactive lately, though). I'll probably be able to push a few raw files onto the website in a few days.

I've set up an article about this project on the main site, with the goal of consolidating the information in this thread.

--DragonLord

Thanks. I'll wait

« Reply #66 on: 10 / May / 2014, 20:10:07 »
Bump: Any code for converting the DSCO raws to TIFF or DNG?

--DragonLord

« Reply #67 on: 01 / June / 2014, 15:30:45 »
Hello there !
I've been searching for a king of firmware for my Finepix S6800 and I found this forum with our friend GGL.

My camera is faulty and seems to have a firmware failure ( If not, it's the CMOS  :'( ). It fails to take a picture. It powers off when I try. I can acces to the menus and set everything but when I go back to the shooting mode I've got a black screen lens "shift" in and out without any problem. I'm used to repair cameras but this one is going to bring me mad ^^

Fuji doesn't give any support for this S6800 model. As if it was the "black cat" of the brand. No firmware update...no parts...nothing

I'm prety sure that some other models will have compatible firmwares but I don't know many things about coding. ( only Flash and html 10 years ago ^^ )

I tryed the HiddenMenu trick but I doesn't work on mine...

Thank you for your advice ! Matt

« Reply #68 on: 24 / June / 2014, 07:29:38 »
Hi to all. First thanks for this post and sorry for my bad english. I got the camera Fujifilm Finepix S8200 a few days and I managed to access the hidden menu with the help of this topic  :), but some doubts. In Debug Mode, when I click on section Exposure time is set to Compensation AUTO ms, I try to adjust to 3000 and I go out of the function and enter it again in this AUTO again. The longest exposure standard of this camera is 8 seconds, I attempt to increase to 3000 ms but dont increase the exposure time.

1- Is possible to increase the exposure time, beyond the standard 8 seconds?

I have click OK in function Take12BitCCDRawImage, I took a picture and saved two files with the names:

DSCOxxxx.RAW and DSCBxxxx.RAW , where xxxx is a number. I tried to open but could see only gray bands.

2- Anyone knows how to get the viewable file?

Thanks for any help.

« Reply #69 on: 04 / July / 2014, 17:38:01 »
     Hi everyone, I own FujiFilm Finepix s 8300 camera. I found this forum and this topic while I was looking for option how I could remotely control camera from computer so I could be able to make stop-motion animations in software for this purpose. Unfortunately I haven't found anything else. Thought I'm able to change things in Hidden menu makes me happy.
     Like option to change Module (MODULE SELECT in hidden menu), since my camera is one from s8xxx series and each other camera is same except max zoom. I was just wondering that zoom is locked by software only and It seems I was right. By changing Module I'm able change my max zoom from 42x to 50x. I tried It and seems to be working. :)
     But back to the topic:
        I tried turn on Take12BitCCDRawImage, and i got RAW image. Im little confused why camera can't show RAW images in gallery since camera is showing photo preview after taking photo and saving.
        Anyway Im able to view these RAW images by software IrfanView, but only monochrome. I don't know why. After open RAW file IrfanView shows me window with a lot of settings. I tried some sets but It was never better than monochrome output. Im not very experienced in this staff so maybe anyone of you will be more lucky than me.
       Im adding photo how Irfanview shows RAW from my camera with this settings: 12BPP, Not normalized, Vertical flip, Image width 4608, height 3456, File header size 0. Bayer pattern is unchecked because if it is checked IrfanView shows decode error.
       I hope this post help someone and i will be happy if anyone will find correct settings for view RAW files in IrfanView. PS: Sorry for ugly english  ::)

picture:

EDIT:
    I have now little problem. I was playing in Hidden Menu and I tried what is Vector Font. I haven't did it. It was trying to load font from SD card ../Fonts (i think, im not sure). I had not no font there and now after start up i can't see any text.... I wanted reupdate firmware but it shows me an error but i don't know what is written there...(maybe because same version?)
    I will be very grateful if anyone write me order of Vector font item in menu so i could copy to card any vector font (i dont know what format of font yet, propably .ttf i hope :( ), and reload the font.
Thanks for any help.
EDIT 2:
   I downloaded and opened in hexplorer firmware file for my camera. I found in it strings with Hidden Menu items(according to it seems to be "Load Vector Font" as 12. item), next i found name of folder where should font be copied ("Please check source path SD:\FONT") and formats of fonts and other file extensions (.FDL, .fdl, .BDF, .bdf, .DIF, .dif, .TTF, .ttf, .OTF, .otf, .TTC, .ttc, FDL ).
   I tried to copy arial.ttf font from windows directory to SDcard:\FONT\FONT.ttf and blindly find Load Vector Font item in Hidden menu (it seemed to be trying to load font), but after restart camera i noticed no change (no text in menu) :/ I'm going to try more fonts, but I'm starting to lose hope.
EDIT 3:
   After the try to load font i found in root of SDcard file CheckSourceErr.txt containing :
      Check Source (1) ... (X)
      UcsBIG5-DFHEI-W4-P-20101210.FDL
   Any idea what it could represent?
EDIT 4:
   I extracted strings from Font load process  from firmware and got this :

Code: [Select]
B:\FONT%02d.raw %s : w=%d, h=%d
B:\bmp_info.txt %s %s Check Source (%x) ... (X)
B:\CheckSourceErr.txt
B:\CheckSourceErr.txt Check Source (X)
Please check source path SD:\FONT
Please check Errlog.. CheckSourceErr Check Source (O)
P2 Disk P2 already have font ! %s%s%s%s
Can not find data_%d from SD !
Write_FDL(%d)_To_ReservedArea=(X)
B:\ReservedErr.txt
B:\ReservedErr.txt
Write Check Flag to P1 R_Area ... OK!
Write data_%d to P1 R_Area ... OK!
Write CheckFlag to P2 section ... OK!
Write data_%d to P2 section ... OK!
Updating ....completely !
Take ok
EDIT 5:
   I found in firmware file this :

Code: [Select]
B:\FONT
\D:\VectorFontCheckFlag.txt                    //My comments
UcsBIG5-DFHEI-W4-P-20101210.FDL                   //Trad. Chinese
UcsGB2312-DT-Hei-P.FDL                                     //Simple Chinese
UcsJIS0208-UD-HEI_W4-P.FDL                            // Kanji - Japan
UcsKSC5601-P-Hei-P.FDL                                     // Korean
UCS-CNS-THAI_HEI-s60-201003111529.FDL
UCS-CNS-Mideast.FDL
UCS-CNS-HEI_W4_SYMBOL.FDL
UCS-CNS-ICON_NEW-UCS-CNS.FDL
VectorFontCheckFlag.txt
   It seems like it controls if font support all needed character sets, if one missing Load Vector font fail.
   I have now problem to find font what supports all these chars   :(

I tried some fonts supporting BIG5, GB2312, JIS0208, KSC5601(DroidSansFallback.ttf, fonts from debian packages of size 10MB) but Error log shows same error still like i wrote up. :/ I found fonts of size 20MB+ but i dont believe in camera is so much space for install that font.
« Last Edit: 06 / July / 2014, 11:29:04 by Crutiatix »