fujifilm finepix s series - page 9 - Non-CANON cameras development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

fujifilm finepix s series

• 113 Replies
Re: fujifilm finepix s series
« Reply #80 on: 03 / November / 2014, 03:18:41 »
Advertisements
ok... i manage to downgrade and update firmware again but still have no fonts. wrrrr...... :/

« Reply #81 on: 03 / November / 2014, 04:16:11 »
??? have no idea whats now...
« Last Edit: 03 / November / 2014, 04:24:33 by blb666 »

« Reply #82 on: 28 / December / 2014, 09:43:35 »
I have a Finepix Fuji S2980 camera. The trick with the Hidden Menu works with it so I'm able to take shots in raw format. This camera is 14-megapixel and it's raw resolution is 4320x3264.

I was playing around with converting it to 16-bit tiff format and want to share my code.
There are two files in attachment:
fujiraw2tiffb.c — converts raw to 16-bit tiff "as is" so you'll obtain raw bayer data and need to demosaic it by some algorithm.

fujiraw2tiffc.c — uses algorithm described in the paper "High-Quality Linear Interpolation for Demosaicing of Bayer-Patterned Color Images" Henrique S. Malvar, Li-Wei He, and Ross Cutler. But unfortunately the final image still needs corrections.

I understand that one should know the colour profile of the camera to do such a correction. Unfortunately I'm not able to play around with it now.

This code uses libtiff. On my machine it's 4.0.3-5 version. Also as I'm using Linux I didn't test it under Windows. But if someone will be interested I can try to compile this code under it and send a binaries.

The program takes a raw file as an input and creates *.tiff with the same file name.

« Reply #83 on: 05 / January / 2015, 01:50:38 »
please im trying to downgrade to a previous version but i don't know how to open and edit the firmware files. it looks encrypted. the lcd stopped after i upgraded to the latest firmware version. it only works if im in the firmware update screen. camera can takes pics normally, but lcd wont work when taking and viewing pics. any way to downgrade somehow? help will be appreciated

« Reply #84 on: 27 / January / 2015, 19:31:51 »
hi
i got a s8500; i stumbled upon this topic a month ago; i downloaded the fuji tools and entered to the hidden menu and played with it; and even though i did read what Crutiatix shared; but i couldn’t resist so i clicked on '' load vector font'' and when i rebooted the camera the font disappeared; i tried everything but couldn’t restore it; did anyone who got the same problem managed to find a solution? the only thing left for me is to try to get access to the internal memory to see if that will help; i hope someone did manage to fix this and could share with us; in the meantime ill keep looking and if i find something ill posted here

« Reply #85 on: 29 / January / 2015, 02:28:29 »
Well i fu**ed up the camera for good now :lol; i installed the 1.04 firmware of s8400w from nandtool; it worked fine but me being me i wanted to reinstall the original 1.03 firmware so i opened the hidden menu and got to nand tool and clicked on erase main code and next i clicked on update main code a error showed up so i shut the camera off; and tried to turn it on; but it wont turn on; the af illuminator and the led light keeps blinking and then nothing; now the camera is officially dead; i cant access the hidden menu nor can i access the official firmware update page; good thing i got a Nikon p600; this one im gonna trash it and forget about it; i never liked it anyway; peace

« Reply #86 on: 30 / January / 2015, 05:42:17 »
Hi guys!
Who can write an "extractor" for FPUPDATE.DAT ? (Firmaware Z70 Z71 Z77 ) CPU Zoran Coach
I have unpacked the firmware structure Fujifilm Z70_Z71_Z77 !!
See link -

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B61nU7if5bsSfjJobldSQkRmSlNCdFRNYWlrQVZTNXN6LWJSTEtlaXhvdmVQdmdoa1JTMjQ&authuser=0

1 FPUPDATE.DAT - firmware
2 Media Z70_Z71_Z77.zip - Partition1 Partition2 Partition3
Main and Coachutil for fill flash
« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2015, 05:55:55 by Lamer »

« Reply #87 on: 30 / January / 2015, 10:19:57 »

Hi
care to tell me how did you unpack the firmware?
im working on a fuji firmware using linux development tools and scripts from the firmware mod kit by google code but im running into problems

« Reply #88 on: 30 / January / 2015, 10:28:36 »
please im trying to downgrade to a previous version but i don't know how to open and edit the firmware files. it looks encrypted. the lcd stopped after i upgraded to the latest firmware version. it only works if im in the firmware update screen. camera can takes pics normally, but lcd wont work when taking and viewing pics. any way to downgrade somehow? help will be appreciated

whats the exact model of your camera?

« Reply #89 on: 02 / February / 2015, 12:16:33 »

Hi
care to tell me how did you unpack the firmware?
im working on a fuji firmware using linux development tools and scripts from the firmware mod kit by google code but im running into problems

I hacked site Fuji service and download ;)