Canon SX400 Portability - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Canon SX400 Portability

• 2 Replies
Canon SX400 Portability
« on: 17 / December / 2014, 08:22:38 »
Advertisements
just wondering what would be the possibility of porting for SX400(i think the dump is already available). the specifications list it as DIGIC 4+. i know H stands for Hack and the results depend upon someone putting in the effort to port and others putting in the effort to test. I was just wondering if that + in the DIGIC 4+ would create extra problems. Also since i am no longer being able to get SX170 i was wondering if it would be possible...

i am ready to buy a piece if there  was a resonable chance that there would be a possible port.  I am also ready to test if i do get the piece.

Thanks ...

Offline koshy

Re: Canon SX400 Portability
« Reply #1 on: 17 / December / 2014, 10:44:43 »
Just two pieces of information that fit in here:

AFAIK there are no Digic 4+ / DryOS R54 ports yet. Might be worth checking with nafraf to see if he has started any. R54 support in finsig_dryos won't have been fully tested, so there are likely errors or bits missing that will need to be fixed manually.

I have not started any DryOS R54 port.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline c10ud

Re: Canon SX400 Portability
« Reply #2 on: 18 / December / 2014, 09:56:28 »
just wondering what would be the possibility of porting for SX400(i think the dump is already available). the specifications list it as DIGIC 4+. i know H stands for Hack and the results depend upon someone putting in the effort to port and others putting in the effort to test. I was just wondering if that + in the DIGIC 4+ would create extra problems. Also since i am no longer being able to get SX170 i was wondering if it would be possible...

i am ready to buy a piece if there  was a resonable chance that there would be a possible port.  I am also ready to test if i do get the piece.

Thanks ...
you might be interested in this:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11907.msg118634#msg118634