Transfer Photos to PC with PTPcamGUI - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Transfer Photos to PC with PTPcamGUI

• 2 Replies
Transfer Photos to PC with PTPcamGUI
« on: 15 / December / 2016, 13:16:47 »
Advertisements
Hello. I guess I'm a newbie, even though I have used SDM for over 2 years.
I am again experimenting with CHDK, and cannot figure out how to transfer photos to my PC. I have downloaded libusb0.dll, and the PTPCamGui application. It runs, but it never sees the camera. Can't figure it out at all. When I first connect the USB cable to the PC, and turn the camera on, it takes a photo. So I must have something fundamentally wrong. I've taken stereo photos, and want to put them on the PC.
Any help would be appreciated. Canon S100, Windows 10.

Tom
« Last Edit: 15 / December / 2016, 13:22:13 by VinzVideo »

Offline reyalp

Re: Transfer Photos to PC with PTPcamGUI
« Reply #1 on: 15 / December / 2016, 13:25:41 »
When I first connect the USB cable to the PC, and turn the camera on, it takes a photo.
This almost certainly means you have USB remote enabled. The USB remote is for DIY hardware remote, using the +5 to trigger the shutter. Turn it off to access with a PC.

I have downloaded libusb0.dll
Your problem is probably the remote setting mentioned above, but just to be clear, you need to install the driver. For windows 10, Zadig is by far the simplest way: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PTP_Extension#Installing_LibUSB_using_Zadig
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: Transfer Photos to PC with PTPcamGUI
« Reply #2 on: 15 / December / 2016, 13:38:20 »
THANK YOU!!
With USB Remote disabled, I don't need to use PTPCAMGUI, the camera SD folder shows right up on the PC.
I was thinking SDM, where you don't have to disable the remote.

Tom