chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 87 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #860 on: 14 / October / 2015, 01:04:02 »
Advertisements
Here's windows binary (exe only, use lua files etc from previous build or svn)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Ant

« Reply #861 on: 14 / October / 2015, 15:54:22 »
Thank you. Now it is ok, excepting some transparency problems

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #862 on: 14 / October / 2015, 17:59:23 »
Now it is ok, excepting some transparency problems
That was expected. Adding the "stencil" buffer to the mix is much less trivial (for the code and the protocol), so I decided not to attempt that.

@reyalp
If "stencil" is confusing, perhaps it's not too late to rename it to something that makes more sense.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #863 on: 15 / October / 2015, 17:28:54 »
@reyalp
If "stencil" is confusing, perhaps it's not too late to rename it to something that makes more sense.

I would prefer to avoid "stencil" since that means something quite different in most computer graphics contexts. I think alpha channel or alpha buffer would be appropriate. "opacity" or "transparency" could be OK too.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #864 on: 15 / October / 2015, 18:44:52 »
I would prefer to avoid "stencil" since that means something quite different in most computer graphics contexts. I think alpha channel or alpha buffer would be appropriate. "opacity" or "transparency" could be OK too.
Done in changeset 4276 (no link due to unavailable assembla web interface). I chose "opacity", because
- perhaps it's more obvious at first glimpse
- the buffer content is encoded as: 0 = fully transparent ... 255 = opaque pixel

« Reply #865 on: 21 / November / 2015, 12:56:55 »
FYI .. by changing LUA_SFX to 53 in include.mk,  and installing the most recent IUP and CD packages, chdkptp seems to run quite well under Lua 5.3  (the default for my Fedora 23 install).

edit :  I should have said that it both builds and runs quite well
« Last Edit: 21 / November / 2015, 13:00:20 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #866 on: 30 / November / 2015, 00:47:20 »
I uploaded chdkptp snapshot release 690 to the files area https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents

Details can be found in the changelog https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/wiki/Changelog

As noted there, I changed the names and default locations of the startup files and user tab ini file. These are all stored in the directory specified by the environment variable CHDKPTP_HOME. On Linux, if CHDKPTP_HOME is not set, it defaults to $HOME/.chdkptp. On windows, it defaults to %HOME%/_chdkptp, or if that isn't set %USERPROFILE%/_chdkptp. *chdkptprc and *chdkptpguirc are renamed to user.chdkptp and user_gui.chdkptp respectively.

Other highlights
* chdkptp now returns an exit status of 1 if the main lua code encountered an error, or if the last cli command failed. This should make shell scripting simpler.
* Also for shell scripting, setting cli_error_exit=1 causes chdkptp to exit immediately if cli command from standard input or a -e command fails. Note that the startup connect option -c is not affected by this, but you can use -e"connect" if you want to error immediately on connection failure.
* rsint can now be controlled by an external program using the -pipe option. The code is also re-arranged to make it easier to use from script.

@waterwingz
Thanks for the note about Lua 5.3. Looking at http://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/manual.html#8 I'm not surprised it works, but I wouldn't rule out subtle issues cropping up. The latest snapshot build is still using Lua 5.2, and the same IUP and CD libraries as the previous snapshot.

« Reply #867 on: 02 / December / 2015, 15:39:07 »
Some nice additions...spent some of today updating (/simplifying) my r658 multicam.lua function additions to this - excellent.

Having previously briefly wondered if it could be, or is, possible to "clear" the cli of all previously displayed information (I think that may have been in connection with copying to windows clipboard) I thought now was as good a time as any to ask?.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #868 on: 02 / December / 2015, 16:16:07 »
Having previously briefly wondered if it could be, or is, possible to "clear" the cli of all previously displayed information
If you mean in the windows command prompt window, chdkptp doesn't have any way to do this, it just treats it as standard text output. There are presumably OS specific ways, but I see no reason to add special code to chdkptp to support this. I suppose you could do
Code: [Select]
!os.execute('cls')

You should be able to clear the GUI text output window with
!statustext.value=''

« Reply #869 on: 02 / December / 2015, 16:31:15 »
Ok - thanks.

Update, for the record - this works fine on Win7:

!os.execute('cls')