chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 89 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies
Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #880 on: 24 / May / 2016, 19:30:24 »
Advertisements
I did not find any clue about this in the chdkptp sources:

could we get the status of the battery via chdkptp ? So that it can be displayed in the gui ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #881 on: 24 / May / 2016, 23:09:21 »
I did not find any clue about this in the chdkptp sources:

could we get the status of the battery via chdkptp ? So that it can be displayed in the gui ?
You can get battery voltage using the camera side lua function get_vbatt()

However, there a few problems with displaying this in the GUI
1) Only one script can run at a time, so periodically polling the voltage from the GUI could fail, or interfere with other scripts.
2) To turn it into a status, you need to know the voltage range for the cameras particular battery type. You could use the battery low and battery high values from get_config_value to the range.

In some situations, using the live view to see the CHDK battery OSD might be an option.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #882 on: 08 / June / 2016, 08:26:39 »
in Full zoom: no distortions via chdkptp client, but distorted using init_usb_capture(1,0,0); and shoot();
Cam Model is IXUS 105.

This first image is taken using chdkptp client (remote shoot), exhibiting no distortion, the second has (note the bent edges).

I use a java library to take photos (relevant lines:https://github.com/acamilo/CHDK-PTP-Java/blob/master/src/main/java/chdk/ptp/java/camera/AbstractCamera.java#L389).
Why are the images distorted and what to do against it ?
What does your client do better ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #883 on: 08 / June / 2016, 15:48:46 »
I replied in the porting thread, because this is mostly a port issue: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5720.msg128870#msg128870

The difference between your tool and chdkptp is likely that the chdkptp GUI uses key clicks rather than set_zoom.

Offline Ant

« Reply #884 on: 18 / June / 2016, 15:08:29 »
Hi, reyalp

I downloaded chdkptp-r690-win32.zip and found that ptpLIVEvew does not work with my camera unlike your special build(https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6231.msg125049#msg125049)

Where to find the latest build of chdkptp and does it support Digic 6 cameras?
Probably it can be used with your G7X port

Offline reyalp

« Reply #885 on: 18 / June / 2016, 15:37:33 »
Hi, reyalp

I downloaded chdkptp-r690-win32.zip and found that ptpLIVEvew does not work with my camera unlike your special build(https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6231.msg125049#msg125049)

Where to find the latest build of chdkptp and does it support Digic 6 cameras?
Probably it can be used with your G7X port
This code has not been integrated into CHDK or chdkptp yet. Sorry.

Offline Ant

« Reply #886 on: 18 / June / 2016, 15:51:39 »
Why? It is just need to add framebuffer type for Digic 6...

Offline reyalp

« Reply #887 on: 18 / June / 2016, 16:16:33 »
Why? It is just need to add framebuffer type for Digic 6...
Not really. There are unresolved issues with Digic 6 display generally, and how they are resolved will impact the live view. E.g. sx280 and other ports using totally different kinds of buffers.

Also, assuming you are referring to the M3 port, I don't understand the desire to have live view on such an incomplete port. How is this useful?
edit:
This wasn't meant to be snark, if there is a real use case I would be more motivated to spend effort supporting it.

Offline Ant

« Reply #888 on: 18 / June / 2016, 17:24:09 »
E.g. sx280 and other ports using totally different kinds of buffers
I suspect that not only M3 can have this kind of buffers. What about your G7X?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #889 on: 19 / June / 2016, 16:11:45 »
I suspect that not only M3 can have this kind of buffers. What about your G7X?
I have found both types of buffer on g7x, but have not yet found how to get the the current buffer for either. I have also identified the playback buffers, but again haven't found a way to get the current one.

I'm working on this stuff as I have time. At the moment, I don't have any particular reason to prioritize chdkptp live view over the other display related issues.