chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 95 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline mphx

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #940 on: 24 / December / 2016, 04:30:04 »
Advertisements
@reyalp

Yes , lua needs readline , chdkptp needs readline.Since lua is probably installed on the system , the only readline request comes from chdkptp.
It asks for "readline.so.6" so i believe it means readline6.Linking that lib to version 7 of the system is something i try to avoid doing.
Usually i can find version 6 in most of the distros...but the feeling is that is getting old.No biggie , just saying.
Same exactly thing applies for libusb , but i can understand that this "thing" is more difficult to change into the program...
Just keep them in mind , if you intent on working on chdkptp since there will be no point on upgrading it and it could not work because of incompatibilities..

Confirming that chdkptp works if i comment out that line.I noticed that the pull down menu were we see the connected cameras is disabled..no big deal for me..never use it.
Dont know where else has impact to be honest...

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #941 on: 24 / December / 2016, 06:11:39 »
I think someone (who's actually experiencing the problem) should report this to the UIP devs. Only mentioning the malfunction of their own examples, of course.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #942 on: 24 / December / 2016, 13:36:05 »
I think someone (who's actually experiencing the problem) should report this to the UIP devs. Only mentioning the malfunction of their own examples, of course.
Yes, I'll send them a bug report.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #943 on: 07 / January / 2017, 23:19:31 »
The crash is reportedly fixed in IUP svn https://sourceforge.net/p/iup/mailman/message/35586943/

I haven't verified this myself yet

Offline mphx

« Reply #944 on: 08 / January / 2017, 15:22:12 »
Well , i compiled all involved sources (cd,iup,im , chdkptp) using the latest versions (got latest svn trunk for iup to get the latest fix ofc) and indeed the built chdkptp works and doesn't segfaults.

But i don't consider it as a solution since the only thing they did is (as far as i can understand)  disabling dropdown function in the source.
Of course for us (that using chdkptp)  that dropdown function maybe doesn't affect us that much ,  is a progress ..but as i said before i don't know what else is affected , as
far as chdkptp is concerned.
« Last Edit: 08 / January / 2017, 15:30:06 by mphx »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #945 on: 08 / January / 2017, 17:04:30 »
But i don't consider it as a solution since the only thing they did is (as far as i can understand)  disabling dropdown function in the source.
As far as I understand, the dropdown should work, but if you read Scuri's email he's quite clear it isn't a full fix.

I would expect a more complete fix in the next IUP release.

Offline mphx

« Reply #946 on: 08 / January / 2017, 17:20:18 »
@reyalp

Well , dropdown..doesn't work :) Do you remember your dirty fix?GUI is behaving the same way in the two situations..that's why i said that they probably did something similar with your dirty fix in "source" level.
Ofc i understand its not a complete fix but for our case , since you had proposed that dirty fix , this fix didn't supplied something more. That's all.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #947 on: 08 / January / 2017, 17:50:38 »
Well , dropdown..doesn't work :) Do you remember your dirty fix?GUI is behaving the same way in the two situations..that's why i said that they probably did something similar with your dirty fix in "source" level.
Are you certain you aren't accidentally using the modified lua file?

Scuri's email says:
Fixed: crash at IupList in GTK 3.20 when DROPDOWN=Yes and EDITBOX=NO. But
in that case keyboard, focus and enter/leave window callbacks stopped
working.
To me, this seems like it should just prevent keyboard input and some other events from being recognized, rather than preventing the dropdown from displaying at all.

However, I know nothing about the internals of IUP so maybe I'm missing something.

Offline mphx

« Reply #948 on: 08 / January / 2017, 18:27:18 »
@reyalp

Yes , pretty sure.Because i downloaded everything from the start.CD,IUP,IM,chdkptp and compiled them.
But your question made me worry to be honest :) So i fired up VM to check it.
Check the screenshot. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9j3nfl1zl6ps3we/chdkptp.png?dl=0
Top terminal shows gui.lua and the line that should be commented out.Apparently it is not.
Bottom terminal is executing chdkptp and you can see the GUI running at the right.Believe me the dropdown areas are not clickable or anything.

How is "Keyboard , focus and enter/leave windows callbacks" affecting chdkptp gui?So i can check it out to see if it has any impact.Or the dropdown function is the only side-effect.
« Last Edit: 08 / January / 2017, 18:29:06 by mphx »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #949 on: 08 / January / 2017, 18:49:12 »
Top terminal shows gui.lua and the line that should be commented out.Apparently it is not.
Bottom terminal is executing chdkptp and you can see the GUI running at the right.Believe me the dropdown areas are not clickable or anything.
If you implemented my workaround the dropdown does not appear at all. In your screenshot, it appears to be present but empty.  So this is definitely not the same.

The dropdown is normally empty until you are connected and have switched the camera to rec mode.

Whether you can interact with an empty dropdown depends on the GUI platform. You can on windows but AFAIK in some linux environments you can't.
How is "Keyboard , focus and enter/leave windows callbacks" affecting chdkptp gui?So i can check it out to see if it has any impact.Or the dropdown function is the only side-effect.
My impression is that comment only referred to dropdown type controls, but I don't have any more information than the email I linked and quoted.
« Last Edit: 08 / January / 2017, 19:03:03 by reyalp »