chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 10 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies
Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #90 on: 03 / March / 2012, 17:59:38 »
Advertisements
I've tried compiling this on Ubuntu 11.10 myself, but got the following errors:
Code: [Select]
/usr/lib/libcdlua51.so: undefined reference to `lua_tointegerx'
/usr/lib/libcdlua51.so: undefined reference to `lua_pcallk'
/usr/lib/libcdlua51.so: undefined reference to `lua_tonumberx'
Them seem to be functions from lua5.2 according to the changelog...
Was awful BTW: compiling CD and IUP from source is no fun (binaries aren't available for 3.0 kernels)

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #91 on: 03 / March / 2012, 22:24:29 »
I've tried compiling this on Ubuntu 11.10 myself, but got the following errors:
Code: [Select]
/usr/lib/libcdlua51.so: undefined reference to `lua_tointegerx'
/usr/lib/libcdlua51.so: undefined reference to `lua_pcallk'
/usr/lib/libcdlua51.so: undefined reference to `lua_tonumberx'
Them seem to be functions from lua5.2 according to the changelog...
Was awful BTW: compiling CD and IUP from source is no fun (binaries aren't available for 3.0 kernels)

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
chdkptp is currently meant to run against lua 5.1, so if you are building with 5.2, that might be your problem. If you did want to build with 5.2, you need to change the cdlua*51 libraries to *52, but I suspect other changes would be needed as well.

There are linux kernel 3.0 libraries available for CD http://sourceforge.net/projects/canvasdraw/files/5.5/Linux%20Libraries/

It looks like IUP does not have kernel 3.0 libraries yet.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #92 on: 04 / March / 2012, 03:10:16 »
Snapshot r215 uploaded.

The main user visible changes are:
1) The GUI starts by default if invoked with no options.

2) Added a bunch of checkboxes to control how the live view is displayed. These will get re-organized or go away later.

If "Scale for A/R" is checked, the live display width will be determined by the viewport width (after applying the "Viewfinder 1:1" option) , and the height will be scaled for the cameras physical lcd aspect ratio.

If "Overlay fit" is checked, the bitmap overlay will be scaled to exactly the size of display area.

If both of the above are checked, the viewport and overlay should be the correct aspect ratio, and have the same relationship they do on the actual camera display. "Viewfinder 1:1" will give you a larger or smaller display.

Assuming things on the camera are set up correctly, checking "Scale for A/R" and "Overlay fit" should give you correct aspect ratio, and the bitmap should be positioned correctly relative to it.

Viewfinder 1:1 controls whether each UYVYYY is used to generate 2 pixels (unchecked) or 4 pixels (checked). If "Scale for A/R" is unchecked, which one looks more correct depends on your camera and it's current display mode.

Overlay 1:1 controls whether the bitmap image uses every other pixel (unchecked) or every pixel (checked). If "Overlay fit" is unchecked, which one looks more correct depends on your camera.

« Reply #93 on: 04 / March / 2012, 05:57:40 »
chdkptp is currently meant to run against lua 5.1
Right, I compiled lua 5.1 from source, then IM, then CD and then IUP, all against 5.1. Now, when running make on your chdkptp project, I get those errors.

Offline Pier

« Reply #94 on: 04 / March / 2012, 06:28:44 »
HI,
I'v tested new Snapshot r215 with -r1703 compiled.
All is OK with SX130IS ( OK=mean no crashes -all works )
Viefinder and UI Overlay always checked.

-Viewfinder 1:1 checked - results in extension of Viewfinder window x2 (twice) in horizontal only.
-Overlay 1:1 checked - extend only grid lines twice in horizontal position.From 2 vertical lines remain only 1.Not Viefinder window.
-Overlay Fit checked - No reaction
-Scale for A/R checked - extend Viewfinder window 10 mm bottom side down.
With shoot button I'v made 2 short 20 seconds video clips recorded on SD card.
All is very stable and waiting only to be corrected Overlay colors for SX130IS.
ffdshow info: see attached picture.
« Last Edit: 04 / March / 2012, 09:02:43 by Pier »

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #95 on: 04 / March / 2012, 08:49:39 »
A590

Incorrect color overlay in version 215, the rest works great.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #96 on: 04 / March / 2012, 14:11:07 »
chdkptp is currently meant to run against lua 5.1
Right, I compiled lua 5.1 from source, then IM, then CD and then IUP, all against 5.1. Now, when running make on your chdkptp project, I get those errors.
If they are actually from lua 5.2 (which appears likely, I don't see any references to them in 5.1), then you've done something wrong building CD, because the 5.1 library shouldn't have any references to 5.2 functions. This might be caused if it found the lua 5.2 headers while building for 5.1, or something like that.

Incorrect color overlay in version 215, the rest works great.
The following might help me correct it:
1) a "quick dump" with palette displayed in CHDK (misc, draw palette)
2) a picture (taken with another camera, cell phone etc ok) of the actual camera screen with the palette displayed.

-Viewfinder 1:1 checked - results in extension of Viewfinder window x2 (twice) in horizontal only.
That's what it does. On cameras with a 480 line viewport (like the g12) the stretched version will be approximately correct.
-Overlay 1:1 checked - extend only grid lines twice in horizontal position.From 2 vertical lines remain only 1.Not Viefinder window.
Don't understand. If you aren't using fit, it will make the overlay 2x wider. This should either be 2x too wide for the screen (assuming you don't have viewport 1:1 checked), or correct, depending on your camera.
-Overlay Fit checked - No reaction
??? This should always make the overlay exactly fit in the view window. If it's already correct (depends on the 1:1 settings) then you will see no change.
-Scale for A/R checked - extend Viewfinder window 10 mm bottom side down.
The question is, did it look correct ? You can test it like this
- connect to the camera, switch to rec, enable ui overlay
- check both "Overlay fit" and "Scale for A/R"
- make sure you have some identifiable UI on the screen (like the AF frame rectangle when you have AF frame set to center)
- disconnect. The image will now be frozen on the screen
- aim the camera at the screen. If everything is correct, the UI on the screen will almost perfectly line up with the ui on the camera.

With shoot button I'v made 2 short 20 seconds video clips recorded on SD card.
All is very stable and waiting only to be corrected Overlay colors for SX130IS.
ffdshow info: see attached picture.
Don't understand how this relates to chdkptp.

Offline Pier

« Reply #97 on: 04 / March / 2012, 15:01:46 »
@reyalp
The question is, did it look correct ?
Yes, all look correct.All is correct and with other checkboxes.
GL.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #98 on: 04 / March / 2012, 16:49:34 »
In reyalp-ptp-live changeset 1706, I've ported over as much as I could from ewavrs old chdkcam patch. (found at http://ewavr.nm.ru/chdk/for_test/ )

This adds palette and bitmap buffer functions for
a480, a590 100e (101b was already done),  a60, a650, a710, a720, ixus700_sd500 (101 a only), sx1 (201a only), sx10 (101a and 102b only), sx200is

Note that the palettes types are likely wrong, but I can fix this if owners of the cameras send live view "quick dumps" and pictures of the camera display.

Copy paste errors are also likely.

I've also copied over the viewport size functions, but left them #if 0'd out, since some additional work is needed to handle this properly.

@reyalp
The question is, did it look correct ?
Yes, all look correct.All is correct and with other checkboxes.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #99 on: 04 / March / 2012, 18:22:08 »
The following might help me correct it:
1) a "quick dump" with palette displayed in CHDK (misc, draw palette)
2) a picture (taken with another camera, cell phone etc ok) of the actual camera screen with the palette displayed.

Done

http://www.mediafire.com/?mkp4f9xjnrm91jx