time lapse question, can i specify time of day instead of time interval? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

time lapse question, can i specify time of day instead of time interval?

• 4 Replies
Advertisements
im looking to put together a time lapse of a building going up across the street from my office.  i would like to take a few pictures a day, but i dont need it shooting at night.  is it possible to tell my camera to shoot at specific times of the day, every day?

Yes, you can use command get_time to check the current time. Merge this with the if and put in a loop to take a photo at exact time of the day.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Script_commands#get_time

Idea is:

1. begin a loop
2. check the time
3. if the time has come - take a shoot
4. back to 1.
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

i should have paid more attention in matlab class -_- i dont know the first thing when it comes to script writing or modifications... ill look for some help.  thanks a lot, awesome!

i should have paid more attention in matlab class -_- i dont know the first thing when it comes to script writing or modifications... ill look for some help.  thanks a lot, awesome!
You probably could have posted this http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8095.0;topicseen#msg85235 here rather than creating another forum thread.

Here you go :

Code: [Select]
@title DailyInteval

if get_mode = 0 then goto "in_rec"
  sleep 1000
  set_record 1
:wait_rec
  sleep 100
  if get_mode <> 0 then goto "wait_rec"
:in_rec

print "recording started..."
:loop
   m=get_time 1
   if m=0 then
      h=get_time 2
      print "time check :",h;":00"
      if h=7 then shoot
      if h=12 then shoot
      if h=17 then shoot
      sleep 90000
   endif
   sleep 1000
   goto "loop"
end

You probably want to setup CHDK to run this automatically on startup.

« Last Edit: 08 / May / 2012, 19:36:06 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

it works! waterwingz, you rock! thanks!