SX260 HS Installation Help - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

SX260 HS Installation Help

• 1 Replies

Offline Ron

SX260 HS Installation Help
« on: 20 / October / 2012, 19:26:42 »
Advertisements
First, let me thank all who came before me in requesting assistance.

I recently purchased the SX 260 HS.  As nice as the camera was I had no doubt it had RAW capabilities.  I was wrong.  Then I found out about you guys and I have been attempting to implement your solution ever since.  This is despite all the material you have provided.  Sorry.  That's why I ended up being a firefighter putting the wet stuff on the red stuff.

I have a MAC Powerbook, 2.53 ghz Intel Core Duo 2; 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory, running OS X v.10.8.2.  I have a 16 and a 4 GB SD, and I have tried both.  My card reader is part of my HP C7250.

I have been unable to get the logo or firmware update message to appear in the menu. 

The camera has nice features, but no RAW is a show stopper.  When I import my photos into Lightroom it can convert to a .dng.  Does anyone know how close .dng comes to shooting in RAW?

Thanks for your time and efforts here guys.

Ron Clark
Seattle

Re: SX260 HS Installation Help
« Reply #1 on: 20 / October / 2012, 19:39:13 »
I have been unable to get the logo or firmware update message to appear in the menu. 
Did you follow the instructions here :
link> Prepare Your SD Card

and particularly this :

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac#Still_Having_Trouble.3F

from here : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac

The camera has nice features, but no RAW is a show stopper.  When I import my photos into Lightroom it can convert to a .dng.  Does anyone know how close .dng comes to shooting in RAW?
You probably want to read this :
link> Questions about RAW ?
« Last Edit: 20 / October / 2012, 19:41:36 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16