CHDKPTP: ptpCamGUI 2.0 versus Canon's RemoteCapture DC - page 7 - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDKPTP: ptpCamGUI 2.0 versus Canon's RemoteCapture DC

• 68 Replies

Offline Pier

Re: CHDKPTP: ptpCamGUI 2.0 versus Canon's RemoteCapture DC
« Reply #60 on: 22 / August / 2012, 11:38:41 »
Advertisements
Same situation was here... solved.
Copy/paste attached dll's in main CHDKPTP folder

Offline SticK

« Reply #61 on: 22 / August / 2012, 11:49:34 »
Thank you.  Alas, as most people, I don't have RAR ... is there a ZIP version of this package?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #62 on: 22 / August / 2012, 12:21:59 »
Thank you.  Alas, as most people, I don't have RAR ... is there a ZIP version of this package?
7zip http://www.7-zip.org/ is a free program that can handle rar files

I wasn't aware the contextplus build required additional dlls, I'll have to look into that.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline SticK

« Reply #63 on: 22 / August / 2012, 13:11:52 »
Thanks for the 7-Zip .. I didn't know.  Now I see a relatively clean live view in the correct A/R.  Interesting.  How good it is will be of importance later when we chat in CHILL OUT.

So after our intermission of the last few days, I can get back to the original task, start a new topic, and begin by posting some comparison images with RemoteCapture later today.

The test bed is a 2 GHz machine (not 1 GHz).  I am getting 2.7 fps, unchanged from the stock version.  Thus the main bottleneck is most likely to be USB 1.0.  CPU load is under 5-6% (CD-enabled CHDKPTP is the only app running).   The *great* news is that CPU is up just a bit from 3-4% with the stock CHDKPTP.

Wonderful job // very impressive!  Also, I hope my contribution will positively affect other builds, not just the SX110.

Offline Taka

« Reply #64 on: 03 / December / 2012, 07:58:58 »
Hello!

Does anyone know if I can have access to the ptpCamGui 2.0 code and where?

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #65 on: 03 / December / 2012, 08:13:05 »
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline SticK

« Reply #66 on: 03 / December / 2012, 08:18:01 »
@Taka
If you're after PC remote control of your camera like Canon's RemoteCapture, CHDKPTP does all PTPCamGui does but better.  Its non-descriptive name belies its power and capabilities.  Because CHDKPTP was written in Lua script, you can re-write or customize it to your specific requirements, such as adding a special function button that takes 5 shots in sequence for example.  We've come up with a function for CHDKPTP that uses the shoot and dcimdl Lua commands which automatically transfer image files to the PC, much like Canon's Remote Capture.  If you are interested in that, I can find the function for you in one of my other threads.  By the way, CHDKPTP gives you a live viewfinder on your PC for cameras that do not even support Canon RemoteCapture.  It's pretty amazing.

Offline Taka

« Reply #67 on: 05 / December / 2012, 08:25:44 »
@msl
rsrsrsrs I'm sorry! Thanks again  :D

@SticK
Thank you! I'm interested in transfer images from camera to PC  :)

Offline SticK

« Reply #68 on: 05 / December / 2012, 10:16:37 »