chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 42 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline poussin

• A2200
Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #410 on: 26 / September / 2013, 15:58:49 »
Advertisements
Hello,
Can somebody help me with an error message I am getting when starting chdkptp with a A2200 1d
ERROR: error loading module 'propcase' from file 'A/CHDK/LUALIB/propcase.lua':
   cannot fopen A/CHDK/LUALIB/propcase.lua

On the SD , the file PROPCASE.LUA exists

CHDK version is CHDK_DE_a2200-100d-1.3.0-full_ALPHA_rev_3122.

chdkptp version is chdkptp-r438-win32

I am able to connect and use most functions except "JPG remote shoot"
Thanks

Offline reyalp

« Reply #411 on: 26 / September / 2013, 16:05:56 »
Hello,
Can somebody help me with an error message I am getting when starting chdkptp with a A2200 1d
The error is pretty straightforward, it's telling you it couldn't open the file. Make sure that file exists on the right location on the card.

If you are really sure it's in the right location, try to open it with the CHDK file viewer, or download it with the download command. If those fail, maybe there is something wrong with the filesystem or the card.

You could get this kind of error if CHDK was not installed correctly on a card multiple partitions, but a2200 does not support or need multiple partitions.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline poussin

• A2200
« Reply #412 on: 26 / September / 2013, 17:52:54 »
Hello,
The error is pretty straightforward, it's telling you it couldn't open the file. Make sure that file exists on the right location on the card.
the file EXISTS WITH A NAME IN UPPERCASE but I was not able to change the case

If you are really sure it's in the right location, try to open it with the CHDK file viewer, or download it with the download command. If those fail, maybe there is something wrong with the filesystem or the card.
the download succeeds and the file contents looks OK
Thanks for your answer , the error looks weird !!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #413 on: 26 / September / 2013, 22:07:28 »
the file EXISTS WITH A NAME IN UPPERCASE but I was not able to change the case
The case shouldn't matter.

the download succeeds and the file contents looks OK
This is very strange, download uses fopen just like require would. If the camera has very little free memory, that might cause fopen to fail.

You can use "show memory info" in the misc menu, or
Code: [Select]
return =get_meminfo()
in chdkptp to see how much memory is available.

What happens if you do something like
=return require'propcase'.TV
in chdkptp?

Now that I think about it, if the file was in the wrong place it would give you a different error, telling you the module was not found, rather than saying fopen failed.

Offline poussin

• A2200
« Reply #414 on: 27 / September / 2013, 10:51:33 »
[This is very strange, download uses fopen just like require would. If the camera has very little free memory, that might cause fopen to fail.

You can use "show memory info" in the misc menu, or
return =get_meminfo()

in chdkptp to see how much memory is available.

> =return get_meminfo()
3:return:table:{start_address=1625304,chdk_start=2866812,free_size=74712,chdk_size=144388,allocated_size=1387824,free_block_count=14,allocated_count=1422,name="system",end_address=3087840,chdk_malloc=true,free_block_max_size=72656,allocated_peak=1436656,total_size=1462536,}

What happens if you do something like
[color=green]=return require'propcase'.TV
2:return:266
[/color]

Sorry for the late reply

Offline reyalp

« Reply #415 on: 27 / September / 2013, 13:18:19 »
So, this camera has very little free memory:
free_size=74712
free_block_max_size=72656

Opening a file with fopen takes 32k, so it wouldn't take much to go over the limit. The camera uses different amounts of memory depending what you are doing. It usually uses a bit more in record mode. Even if the propcase error doesn't cause you big problems, you are likely to run into other problems if you use it much.

This is the same that caused the error you reported before, but it worked this time.

This shows that there's no problem with the files or CHDK install. Running out of memory is the most likely explanation.

We can try a build that loads CHDK in a different memory pool. This may cause other problems. There's some commented code for this in the port, but I'm not sure if it's copy and paste from another camera. I'll try to post a test build later, if no one else does it first.

Offline poussin

• A2200
« Reply #416 on: 27 / September / 2013, 14:42:32 »
So, this camera has very little free memory:
free_size=74712
free_block_max_size=72656

It usually uses a bit more in record mode.

=return get_meminfo()
4:return:table:{start_address=1625304,chdk_start=2866812,free_size=71952,chdk_size=144388,allocated_size=1390584,free_block_count=11,allocated_count=1441,name="system",end_address=3087840,chdk_malloc=true,free_block_max_size=69888,allocated_peak=1431168,total_size=1462536,}

Even if the propcase error doesn't cause you big problems, you are likely to run into other problems if you use it much.

Does the error (ERROR: unsupported format )  I get when trying to use the "JPG Remote Shoot" option , comes from lack of memory :?

This is the same that caused the error you reported before, but it worked this time.

You mean that the value of the propcase is correct

This shows that there's no problem with the files or CHDK install. Running out of memory is the most likely explanation.

We can try a build that loads CHDK in a different memory pool.
This may cause other problems.
There's some commented code for this in the port, but I'm not sure if it's copy and paste from another camera. I'll try to post a test build later, if no one else does it first.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 27 / September / 2013, 14:44:04 by poussin »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #417 on: 27 / September / 2013, 17:15:21 »
Does the error (ERROR: unsupported format )  I get when trying to use the "JPG Remote Shoot" option , comes from lack of memory :?
No, this is because the jpeg remote capture (filewritetask hook) is not currently implemented on your camera. This feature requires extra code on each supported camera.

You mean that the value of the propcase is correct
It just shows that require'propcase' was able to load the file.

Offline poussin

• A2200
« Reply #418 on: 28 / September / 2013, 04:59:59 »
No, this is because the jpeg remote capture (filewritetask hook) is not currently implemented on your camera. This feature requires extra code on each supported camera.

Extra code will not help with the free memory

Thanks

Offline reyalp

« Reply #419 on: 29 / September / 2013, 16:39:42 »
DNG / tiff discussion moved here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10739.0

(maybe I should have put it in the raw section?)