Ability to display specific picture on camera to make GUIs - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Ability to display specific picture on camera to make GUIs

• 4 Replies
Ability to display specific picture on camera to make GUIs
« on: 09 / April / 2008, 13:44:01 »
Advertisements
I keep having a need to display a specific image on the camera itself from within scripts.

For example, in my timelapse script I update the console every second to show how much time is remaining. I really don't need to see the live preview, this could instead load 5.jpg for 5 seconds, 4.jpg for 4 seconds, 3.jpg, etc. And of course each of those jpegs are graphics I make in Gimp or whatever that are simply fullscreen numbers.

That way at a distance you could easily see the status of the script.

Or if you're sending the video out from the camera to an external monitor, it could give useful feedback about what the script is doing.

I'm sure there's hundreds of applications for this.

Anyway, just a thought.

Re: Ability to display specific picture on camera to make GUIs
« Reply #1 on: 09 / April / 2008, 13:46:10 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:01:37 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #2 on: 09 / April / 2008, 14:09:43 »
Great idea about the LED, I'll look into that.

But the big reason I'd like to be able to display pictures is for connecting to an external monitor for photographic installations, so people can see what the camera is doing without having to translate some tiny script at the bottom of the screen, or a sequence of lights.

But agreed, for many uses the LEDs are nice.

And by the way, holy [admin: avoid swearing please] about the S5 now being supported!

« Last Edit: 09 / April / 2008, 14:15:37 by wrybread »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #3 on: 09 / April / 2008, 14:10:53 »
Well one could also write a basic command like printscreen(5,"text",50,50),where 5 is size,text is text and last digits coords.

« Reply #4 on: 09 / April / 2008, 15:49:40 »
my old idea/request:

Script window :

position, size ,turn on/off , font size --->"script window"

I want sometimes move this window from default left-down position

this feature maybe we use to make BIG couter in script