CHDKPTP not working for compiled CHDK - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

CHDKPTP not working for compiled CHDK

• 3 Replies
CHDKPTP not working for compiled CHDK
« on: 22 / February / 2021, 08:45:56 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I get this error when trying to connect from CHDKPTP (Linux GUI host 2.9) to compiled CHDK on my G7X2:

Code: [Select]
connected: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II, max packet size 512
update_mode_list failed compile error
ERROR: compile error

It just prints more ERROR: compile error lines if I try to click any buttons.

This is even when I haven't changed any code but just compiled it straight. Works fine for prebuilt CHDK though.
No warnings or errors about PTP during compilation. Am using GCC 10.2.0

Any ideas of what the cause could be? Might try using an older version of GCC tomorrow if that is likely to be the cause.

Thanks

Offline reyalp

Re: CHDKPTP not working for compiled CHDK
« Reply #1 on: 22 / February / 2021, 12:22:01 »
Hi,

I get this error when trying to connect from CHDKPTP (Linux GUI host 2.9) to compiled CHDK on my G7X2:

connected: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II, max packet size 512
update_mode_list failed compile error
ERROR: compile error

It just prints more ERROR: compile error lines if I try to click any buttons.

This is even when I haven't changed any code but just compiled it straight. Works fine for prebuilt CHDK though.
No warnings or errors about PTP during compilation. Am using GCC 10.2.0

Any ideas of what the cause could be? Might try using an older version of GCC tomorrow if that is likely to be the cause.
This might happen if the CHDK/modules/lua.flt was not present, or not from the correct build.

What happens if you try to run a Lua script on the camera, or from the chdkptp prompt like
=return 1

Does any output appear in the onscreen CHDK console?

Do other modules, such as the CHDK file browser or text reader work?

Is your local code modified at all?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 23 / February / 2021, 07:03:49 »
Does any output appear in the onscreen CHDK console?

I did get Fail to load lua.flt: link error on the console and when trying to run a lua script.

This might happen if the CHDK/modules/lua.flt was not present, or not from the correct build.

Thanks this was it. I still had the CHDK directory on the SD card from the precompiled CHDK rather than copying the one out of the SVN source, didn't realise they would be incompatible. All working now

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 23 / February / 2021, 12:49:22 »
Thanks this was it. I still had the CHDK directory on the SD card from the precompiled CHDK rather than copying the one out of the SVN source, didn't realise they would be incompatible. All working now
It should work if they are truly compatible versions, but it's generally a good idea to upload the modules along with your build. I use a shell script like
chdkptp -c"$1" -e"mup bin/DISKBOOT.BIN A/" -e"mup CHDK/modules -fmatch=%.flt$ CHDK/MODULES"
edit: Also note that while modules are camera independent, they are CPU architecture specific, so digic <= 5, digic 6 and digic 7 each use different binaries.

I did get Fail to load lua.flt: link error on the console and when trying to run a lua script.
Hmm, it would be nice if this could return a PTP message to the client, like an actual compile error does.
« Last Edit: 23 / February / 2021, 12:51:41 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.