CHDK + Face Detection = Trouble - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK + Face Detection = Trouble

• 2 Replies
CHDK + Face Detection = Trouble
« on: 08 / March / 2008, 20:21:33 »
Advertisements
I just spent some time tracking down a strange problem and I thought I'd mention the problem and the cause here in case others encounter this as well.

I noticed that the CHDK menus would disappear randomly, mostly when I panned the camera across some objects on my desk.  It turns out that I was playing around with the Face Detection feature and left it turned on.  The SD800 was sometimes thinking it saw a face and was drawing the white detection box around it.  This causes a screen redraw, even in Alt mode, thus blanking out the menus even though CHDK still thinks it is in menu mode. 

Maybe there are other situations that force screen updates as well?

Offline LjL

• A720IS
Re: CHDK + Face Detection = Trouble
« Reply #1 on: 06 / July / 2008, 15:41:45 »
I haven't seen (m)any. The clean fix would be to redraw the menu when a face is detected... which would also be pretty interesting for other uses ;)

Re: CHDK + Face Detection = Trouble
« Reply #2 on: 07 / December / 2008, 21:00:01 »
This is really annoying me on an IXUS 75 aswell.   Even with face detect turned off, the white box appears sometimes and the menu dissapears. Also, the circular rocker control has some sort of touch sensitivity so whenever you touch it, the display mode changes back to 'on' and one of the little icons in the top right corner changes to green, forcing a screen redraw and the menu dissapears again. Ofcourse yo have to touch the rocker to navigate the menu so this is really frustrating.