How can I shoot without the lenses? - page 9 - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum

How can I shoot without the lenses?

• 121 Replies
Re: How can I shoot without the lenses?
« Reply #80 on: 09 / September / 2013, 09:46:45 »
Advertisements
I'll create a custom build, if you tell me your camera's exact firmware version.

thanks, the camera is a powershot sx260hs with firmware 1.0.1 A

now i´m using this version of chdk:
http://mighty-hoernsche.de/bins/sx260hs-101a-1.2.0-3094_ALPHA.zip

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #81 on: 09 / September / 2013, 09:53:43 »
powershot sx260hs with firmware 1.0.1 A
OK, will do it in a few hours.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #82 on: 09 / September / 2013, 11:41:44 »
powershot sx260hs with firmware 1.0.1 A
OK, will do it in a few hours.
Attached. You don't need to call the previously mentioned event procedures, CHDK will do it after every play -> rec and rec -> play transition. I have also enabled "Lua native calls" due to your unusable menu button. I'll remove this build after a while.

If you find it not working, please report it.

« Reply #83 on: 09 / September / 2013, 12:21:58 »
Attached. You don't need to call the previously mentioned event procedures, CHDK will do it after every play -> rec and rec -> play transition. I have also enabled "Lua native calls" due to your unusable menu button. I'll remove this build after a while.

If you find it not working, please report it.

thanks very much,
The e32 error disappeared, but when i try to put in capture mode, shows me a lens error (without any code) and shutdown automatically.

i don't know what to do with the .diif file, i just put it in the root of sd

i can´t work with this any longer today. tomorrow i will keep trying.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #84 on: 09 / September / 2013, 14:59:07 »
... but when i try to put in capture mode, shows me a lens error (without any code) and shutdown automatically.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that probably means that the camera can't start in record mode even without CHDK. I don't know what happened to that camera. If it fell down, it could be that an internal connection got loose (that might be relatively easy to fix), or, it could be that in addition to the IS issue, the lens is jammed too (etc.). We can't fix these kind of hw errors with software.

i don't know what to do with the .diif file, i just put it in the root of sd
Forgot to mention that the .diff file is only for those who'd like to know what I have changed in this modified CHDK build - you only need what's in the bigger package.

« Reply #85 on: 10 / September / 2013, 08:15:56 »
orrect me if I'm wrong, but that probably means that the camera can't start in record mode even without CHDK. I don't know what happened to that camera. If it fell down, it could be that an internal connection got loose (that might be relatively easy to fix), or, it could be that in addition to the IS issue, the lens is jammed too (etc.). We can't fix these kind of hw errors with software.

Sorry for no explain it before, i have the camera disarmed, wath i need is remove the lens, the IR filter and shoot with the  sensor only. Is this possible?
The lens is fine, but the flex to conect the motor is broken. 

Thanks

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #86 on: 10 / September / 2013, 09:22:44 »
... i have the camera disarmed, wath i need is remove the lens, the IR filter and shoot with the  sensor only. Is this possible?
The lens is fine, but the flex to conect the motor is broken.
I see, that's a good reason.
Well, your camera is new enough to also have an event procedure named "DisableLensError". Start the cam in play mode, and execute the following through chdkptp:
Code: [Select]
.poke(0x3050,0)This will change a firmware variable on camera - it's what DisableLensError would do. Note to everybody else: this address is camera specific, no reason to try it on any other model.

After the poke, try switching to rec mode. Since you're the first to try this, I have no idea what will happen. Also note that you probably need a mechanical shutter for stills (I'm not 100% sure about this due to the CMOS sensor).

« Reply #87 on: 10 / September / 2013, 09:47:00 »
I see, that's a good reason.
Well, your camera is new enough to also have an event procedure named "DisableLensError". Start the cam in play mode, and execute the following through chdkptp:
.poke(0x3050,0)

No luky,
http://kn3.net/39BFBBD6ECDJPG.html

I try whit a lua code this, and didn't work.
call_event_proc("DisableLensError")

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #88 on: 10 / September / 2013, 11:04:56 »
.poke(0x3050,0)
I have to ask: you have entered .poke(0x3050,0) from the chdkptp command line, with the leading dot, right? If so, try executing
=return peek(0x3050)
when the lens error screen appears, and see if it's still 0 or not.
call_event_proc("DisableLensError")
For this to work, you need to execute the "Mecha.Create" event procedure first. That's why I recommended poke instead, but you can nevertheless try.

If all these fail, you're going to need to wire up either the original lens mechanism or a simulator...

edit:
To see the exact error list, you can use the following:
call_event_proc("UI.Create")
call_event_proc("UIFS_WriteFirmInfoToFile",0)
This will create a file named firminfo.txt in the root of the card.
« Last Edit: 10 / September / 2013, 11:09:24 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #89 on: 10 / September / 2013, 12:15:22 »
thank, i will try this tomorrow and post the result.