SX110IS - howto start porting - page 14 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

SX110IS - howto start porting

• 573 Replies
Re: SX110IS - howto start porting
« Reply #130 on: 16 / April / 2009, 20:32:46 »
Advertisements
I have collecteted all known bugs. So its easier for the developer... I also collected possible solutions and tryed to sort the bugs according to importance. I will update the post daily ;)

BUGS

See Wiki page:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX110IS#Known_bugs

post or pm me all bugs, I will add them

Last Update: 23.04.09
« Last Edit: 23 / April / 2009, 13:33:46 by Obihoernchen »
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS
CHDK: at Autobuild now
Wiki: SX110IS

« Reply #131 on: 16 / April / 2009, 23:24:10 »
At present stage if you like to convert RAW from sx110 you need to make sure that JPG and RAW are in the same folder. Get this http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2838.0;attach=3205. Make sure you don't go to options and change anything. This will break the program. Gently select a folder with RAW+JPG then select destination and press convert. If you do this it converts RAW to DNG very well.

I still can't get DNG4PS2 to work. It is just unable to locate any of my CRW files. I tried putting them together with the JPGs (using CHDK menu settings) but nothing changed. Is there any filename requirement? What is the download for? I tried overwrite the official DNG4PS2 build with the downloaded EXE file but it fails to start, saying something like "configuration is wrong". Am I missing something here? Thanks!
« Last Edit: 16 / April / 2009, 23:26:55 by apsus »

Offline Inferno

• In RAW we trust!
« Reply #132 on: 17 / April / 2009, 00:29:44 »
At present stage if you like to convert RAW from sx110 you need to make sure that JPG and RAW are in the same folder. Get this http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2838.0;attach=3205. Make sure you don't go to options and change anything. This will break the program. Gently select a folder with RAW+JPG then select destination and press convert. If you do this it converts RAW to DNG very well.

I still can't get DNG4PS2 to work. It is just unable to locate any of my CRW files. I tried putting them together with the JPGs (using CHDK menu settings) but nothing changed. Is there any filename requirement? What is the download for? I tried overwrite the official DNG4PS2 build with the downloaded EXE file but it fails to start, saying something like "configuration is wrong". Am I missing something here? Thanks!

Uninstall the old DNG2PS. Make a directory in Program files. (If you have Vista then make directory outside Program files and enable run as Windows XP SP2.) Copy DNG2PS2.exe form the archive and run it. Make sure that files are IMG_0001.CRW together with IMG_0001.JPG and so on. It works. I've done it many times now.

PS You may need to remove registry DNG4PS2 entry @
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\dng4ps2

step by step Start\Run\regedit\Edit\Find\DNG4PS2

Confirmed.. same here.  Sad
I didnt know these cameras have multiple temp sensors before trying CHDK Shocked Whats the use of them :/

I think camera reads the temperatures and adjusts its balances (color, shutter...etc) because CCD @ 40c should have different specs then CCD @ 20c. Or maybe they have a mini TEC thermistors to warm up or cool down elements (CCD and optics).

Offline Inferno

• In RAW we trust!
« Reply #133 on: 17 / April / 2009, 00:41:25 »
BUGs:
Video: No difference between Bitrate 1x 2x 3x @ 99% ( I owned 720IS, there should be a VERY BIG difference) Switching from Bitrate to Quality makes a difference but switching 1x 2x 3x @99% in this mode also makes no difference. Also there is no difference between Bitrate 3x @ 99% and standard 640x480 that Canon makes without chdk.

« Reply #134 on: 17 / April / 2009, 02:36:35 »
CHDK loaded very well on my SX110 IS. I ran the bad pixel script and turned the DNG option on. However, RAW files, when opened in Lightroom, have a strange, saturated pink cast. Have tried all options (camera settings + WB correction) but to no avail. Is DNG for SX110 IS still been developed?

Thanks for all your hard work on this build, I buy Canon mainly because of CHDK :-)

« Reply #135 on: 17 / April / 2009, 03:29:48 »
Even if I have no experience in developping chdk yesterday I managed to apply the posted patch to trunk 729 and had a look to camera.h
I enabled the optical zoom in movie mode and recompiled. Now it appears in chdk menu but it does not work.
Also I noticed that TV ovveride was not enabled  in camera.h but enabling it chdk does not compile anymore for a missing external function.
I think that many addresses of the original firmware must be wrong, but I don't know if I'll be able to check them. Could anybody  with more experience try to dissassemble the firmware with IDA and check the addresses?
Thanks

Offline Inferno

• In RAW we trust!
« Reply #136 on: 17 / April / 2009, 06:14:08 »
CHDK loaded very well on my SX110 IS. I ran the bad pixel script and turned the DNG option on. However, RAW files, when opened in Lightroom, have a strange, saturated pink cast. Have tried all options (camera settings + WB correction) but to no avail. Is DNG for SX110 IS still been developed?

Thanks for all your hard work on this build, I buy Canon mainly because of CHDK :-)

Actually this is a known bug. If you look few pages back you will see this issue discussed. Only way around is RAW+JPG and the DNG4PS2 attached here.

Offline lucmovel

• SX110 IS
« Reply #137 on: 18 / April / 2009, 19:36:14 »
The bug (or feature?) that bugs me the most right now when using CHDK is that the camera no longer starts up in Record mode, it always starts in Playback mode and displays the latest shot. That really hampers my quick draw in the face of opportunity.

« Reply #138 on: 18 / April / 2009, 19:46:34 »
Hold the button longer or use the firmware upgrade method.

Offline lucmovel

• SX110 IS
« Reply #139 on: 18 / April / 2009, 20:08:20 »
Oh! Nice. Thank you.  :)

Should be the other way around, though.  :-[