SX110IS - howto start porting - page 23 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

SX110IS - howto start porting

• 573 Replies
Re: SX110IS - howto start porting
« Reply #220 on: 23 / April / 2009, 17:08:32 »
Advertisements
From step to step...
A new version of CHDK for SX110!

Optical zoom in video record mode works now.
Please test video bitrate settings.

movie_record_task() in movie_rec.c must call  unlock_optical_zoom()
explicitly because SX110 doesn't support this feature officially (as SX10
does). Therefore no call to unlock_optical_zoom() was necessary in
SX10-code (which I've used as template).
BTW, all camera dependent code related to movie record looks very different
to SX10 so movie_rec.c needs some other modifications. I've changed also the code that deals with video bitrate and quality settings (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX110IS#Known_bugs). But not tested yet...

That's one of the main problems in this port. SX110 is somehow in beetwen
SX100 and SX10. Some functions have to port like this and other like
that...

Attached is an archive with a new Binary and an other archive with my code (for developers, based on r749).
If video bitrate settings works than I will ask phyrephox to commit a new release to the autobuild server.

Any ideas for "GetBatteryTemperature"?

all tested...
all works very fine :) also video bitrate settings! SD full  after a few Seconds :lol
nice work!

updated wiki http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX110IS#Known_bugs
« Last Edit: 23 / April / 2009, 17:14:50 by Obihoernchen »
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS
CHDK: at Autobuild now
Wiki: SX110IS

« Reply #221 on: 23 / April / 2009, 17:09:49 »
all i can do is beta test and my only knowledge is on electricity unfortunately. I can modify my camera to real time measure battery's if that count and report back with info about the state of measures with and without CHDK.

If i can be in any other help please ask me to. I will be more than happy to do it.
The camera shut down completely with the change battery's info on screen after that.
What are you thinking: do we have a problem with the battery indicator?

I cannot speak without testing and have to sleep right now. I will do it tomorrow.

It does not seem as a problem with battery indicator (battery read data) since unloading CHDK keeps showing empty battery.

Somehow loading CHDK doubled the power this camera needs? Is this an option? Maybe more things works and thats why this happens?

I will modify my camera tomorrow and test with 4 sets of battery's. 2 sets of rechargeable and 2 sets on one use battery's.
I will test every set with and without CHDK and i will report any findings.

read this ;) http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._Does_the_CHDK_program_consume_additional_battery_power.3F
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS

Offline GnF

« Reply #222 on: 23 / April / 2009, 17:23:12 »
all i can do is beta test and my only knowledge is on electricity unfortunately. I can modify my camera to real time measure battery's if that count and report back with info about the state of measures with and without CHDK.

If i can be in any other help please ask me to. I will be more than happy to do it.
The camera shut down completely with the change battery's info on screen after that.
What are you thinking: do we have a problem with the battery indicator?

I cannot speak without testing and have to sleep right now. I will do it tomorrow.

It does not seem as a problem with battery indicator (battery read data) since unloading CHDK keeps showing empty battery.

Somehow loading CHDK doubled the power this camera needs? Is this an option? Maybe more things works and thats why this happens?

I will modify my camera tomorrow and test with 4 sets of battery's. 2 sets of rechargeable and 2 sets on one use battery's.
I will test every set with and without CHDK and i will report any findings.

read this ;) http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._Does_the_CHDK_program_consume_additional_battery_power.3F

Might be that :P
I might have been playing a loooooooot with it except just taking pictures. Maybe i lost the sence of time while i was doing that.
Pretty much this really might be the answer. Still since i have all the professional equipment to mesure things like that (thats a part of my job) i will do it.

I will test with just taking pictures and nothing more.

Thanks for the info mate.

by the way what is the normal way for me to unload a script and having none loaded? I haven't found such an option yet.
Canon SX110 IS

« Reply #223 on: 23 / April / 2009, 17:32:32 »
Hi
I installed the updated version.
Now i am able to use the Zoom in video.But i am experiencing focusing problem at 8x+ is it normal?
Like when i zoom above ~8x the screen is blurred and struggles to focus with no result. Although below 8x it is able to focus(not perfect, but acceptable). But At 10x its not Focusing! atleast for me.. any idea why is happening?
The object is my 29 inch television, about 15 meters away.

===edit===
I tested again, the cam is able to focus the nearer(1 meter distance) objects at 10x in VIDEO, but cam is not able to focus when the object is far( 10-15 meters) at 10x.
« Last Edit: 23 / April / 2009, 17:38:42 by fahd123 »

« Reply #224 on: 23 / April / 2009, 17:39:54 »
Hi
I installed the updated version.
Now i am able to use the Zoom in video.But i am experiencing focusing problem at 8x+ is it normal?
Like when i zoom above ~8x the screen is blurred and struggles to focus with no result. Although below 8x it is able to focus(not perfect, but acceptable). But At 10x its not Focusing! atleast for me.. any idea why is happening?
The object is my 29 inch television, about 15 meters away.

I have the same problem but I dont know wheather it is, because the camera isnt build to focus at video or because a bug <-- (dont think so), but i think its 1.
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS

« Reply #225 on: 23 / April / 2009, 17:46:58 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1BA0ZpzQ9c#
This is a video of Sx100 using chdk, zoom applied and it does do auto focus.
I think our SX110 might do auto focus aswell.

Sorry if youtube links are not allowed here.

Offline lucmovel

• SX110 IS
« Reply #226 on: 23 / April / 2009, 18:11:01 »
I just tested the new release. Optical zoom now works in video mode, but I do lose focus after 70% or so.

Also, I changed the recording mode from Bitrate to Quality and the camera kind of crashed when I tried to record video. The screen turned off immediately and the controls would not respond, except the power button, it does turn the camera off. I could turn back on again, no need to remove batteries. Nothing was recorded. I tried three times, same result every time.

« Reply #227 on: 23 / April / 2009, 18:16:45 »
I just tested the new release. Optical zoom now works in video mode, but I do lose focus after 70% or so.

Also, I changed the recording mode from Bitrate to Quality and the camera kind of crashed when I tried to record video. The screen turned off immediately and the controls would not respond, except the power button, it does turn the camera off. I could turn back on again, no need to remove batteries. Nothing was recorded. I tried three times, same result every time.
lol for me it works fine
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS

« Reply #228 on: 23 / April / 2009, 22:04:14 »
Hey, I've been watching this thread recently...Great work!!  For some reason, the latest version(s) don't work and the older version(s) did work.  I get 'Update File Error!' when trying to load chdk (Menu, Up to the bottom, Set to select, then the error.).  Any ideas?  Thanks a bunch!!

« Reply #229 on: 23 / April / 2009, 22:14:18 »
Just checked the last copy chdkj posted here and can't reproduce the issue.