SX110IS - howto start porting - page 24 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX110IS - howto start porting

• 573 Replies

Offline Inferno

• In RAW we trust!
Re: SX110IS - howto start porting
« Reply #230 on: 24 / April / 2009, 00:20:13 »
Advertisements
I just tested the new release. Optical zoom now works in video mode, but I do lose focus after 70% or so.

Also, I changed the recording mode from Bitrate to Quality and the camera kind of crashed when I tried to record video. The screen turned off immediately and the controls would not respond, except the power button, it does turn the camera off. I could turn back on again, no need to remove batteries. Nothing was recorded. I tried three times, same result every time.

In Quality mode I think camera can't record to SD fast enough. Thats why I think it crushes. If you lower the quality to 98% camera will not crush! Also if video gets busy @ 98% it will crush as well.720is chdk had some kind protection against that. If your SD isn't fast enough for recording it just stops the recording. If you're right on the edge then warning sing flashes on the screen. Also with 720is I found out the difference between different SD card speeds. Generic cards will stop at around 50%. Better cards will go up to 84%. Excellent cards can go to 98% I have one SanDisk 1GB that can do 99%.

When you zoom 100% without recording, camera can focus no problem. But when you recording and zooming >70% then there is a problem. I think it's a bug.
« Last Edit: 24 / April / 2009, 01:28:34 by Inferno »

Offline chdkj

« Reply #231 on: 24 / April / 2009, 01:22:27 »
In Quality mode I think camera can't record to SD fast enough. Thats why I think it crushes. If you lower the quality to 98% camera will not crush! Also if video gets busy @ 98% it will crush as well.720is chdk had some kind protection against that. If your SD isn't fast enough for recording it just stops the recording. If you're right on the edge then warning sing flashes on the screen. Also with 720is I found out the difference between different SD card speeds. Generic cards will stop at around 50%. Better cards will go up to 84%. Excellent cards can go to 98% I have one SanDisk 1GB that can do 99%.

Good hint. Will check this.

When you fully zoom without recording, camera can zoom no problem. But when you recording and zooming then there is a problem. I think it's a bug.

Did you mean the "Focus Lost" problem at zoom > 70% ?

I will check the code again.
sx110

Offline Inferno

• In RAW we trust!
« Reply #232 on: 24 / April / 2009, 01:26:05 »
Brr... I'm drunk or what?!!? Yes I did mean can't focus >70% But when you're not recording, you have no problem focusing @ 100% zoom.

Offline lucmovel

• SX110 IS
« Reply #233 on: 24 / April / 2009, 01:44:30 »
I still couldn't record at 98%, but it *seems* to have recorded at 97%. Large files are recorded (20 secs. = 105 Mb), but I can't playback them entirely on my Linux box. Mplayer just playbacks two or three seconds and closes. Sometimes it will play a few more seconds, but never all the way through. They playback correctly on the camera.

Offline Hyst

« Reply #234 on: 24 / April / 2009, 05:12:24 »
@Hyst
Could you explain what is not working, please? Auto-ISO-Shift works as
expected for me: ISO value changes automatically depending on available
light and so on... Am I wrong?

sure.. i'll explain.
Auto-ISO-Shift ist not the normal Auto-ISO. Auto-Iso-Shift works like this:

Rec-Mode -> menu -> activate auto-iso-shift.
go to P- TV- AV- or M-Mode -> change iso (for example) to 80 (should be a low number).
Go somewhere, where the light is not so bright (some kind of "darkish" area).
half-press the shot-button. Now the Print-Button should be blue. press the print-Button.
Now you should see how the ISO and the exposure-time changed to recommended (AUTO) settings.

greetings
« Last Edit: 24 / April / 2009, 08:51:12 by Hyst »
Canon Powershot SX110

Offline Inferno

• In RAW we trust!
« Reply #235 on: 24 / April / 2009, 07:14:04 »
I still couldn't record at 98%, but it *seems* to have recorded at 97%. Large files are recorded (20 secs. = 105 Mb), but I can't playback them entirely on my Linux box. Mplayer just playbacks two or three seconds and closes. Sometimes it will play a few more seconds, but never all the way through. They playback correctly on the camera.

SD Card speed.  I have the same problem playing right from the card. You need to copy file on a hard drive and play it from there. (My videos,played  from sd card, don't crush a player but they can get jerky and sometimes loose audio). It's all about card speed.
« Last Edit: 24 / April / 2009, 07:17:03 by Inferno »

Offline lucmovel

• SX110 IS
« Reply #236 on: 24 / April / 2009, 10:10:10 »
No, you got that backwards. I can play it fine on the camera, I can't play it on the PC. EDIT: I mean, I copy the file to the HD before playing it on the PC.
« Last Edit: 24 / April / 2009, 10:19:16 by lucmovel »

« Reply #237 on: 24 / April / 2009, 10:27:55 »
Just checked the last copy chdkj posted here and can't reproduce the issue.

Okay, that one works, I was using the one from the Autobuild server.  Thanks.

« Reply #238 on: 24 / April / 2009, 12:46:38 »
ok possible bug
I have 2 partitions
/dev/sda1 'fat16, 1536megabytes
/dev/sda2 'fat32, around 6000megabytes

chdk boots and automatically switches to the second partition when I go into menu to switch it to first, it doesn't is this default behavior???
also optical zoom doesn't work (after recording starts) with latest build right? and doesn't work regardless without chdk (zooming works before recording atleast right?

thank again for hard work :D

« Reply #239 on: 24 / April / 2009, 13:46:22 »
ok possible bug
I have 2 partitions
/dev/sda1 'fat16, 1536megabytes
/dev/sda2 'fat32, around 6000megabytes

chdk boots and automatically switches to the second partition when I go into menu to switch it to first, it doesn't is this default behavior???
also optical zoom doesn't work (after recording starts) with latest build right? and doesn't work regardless without chdk (zooming works before recording atleast right?

thank again for hard work :D

Did you use this Version? http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2838.msg32804.html#msg32804
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS
CHDK: at Autobuild now
Wiki: SX110IS