SX110IS - howto start porting - page 32 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

SX110IS - howto start porting

• 573 Replies

Offline Hyst

Re: SX110IS - howto start porting
« Reply #310 on: 28 / April / 2009, 03:42:27 »
Advertisements
@Hyst, it is not in my intent to annoy you  ;).

don't worry...  8)

This is well-known bug for cameras with autoISO shift function.
At present  there is only one medicine - change <alt> key to other key (if CHDK for SX110 can do this).

good to know, thank you!

---
I don't know if it is a bug or, if i'm doing something wrong, but: what is it about the "flashlight" function (in misc. options). I enable it, but nothing happens.

greetings
Canon Powershot SX110

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #311 on: 28 / April / 2009, 04:10:41 »
I don't know if it is a bug or, if i'm doing something wrong, but: what is it about the "flashlight" function (in misc. options). I enable it, but nothing happens.

This is a bug - "flashlight" function is only for cameras with rotating/swivel display.

« Reply #312 on: 28 / April / 2009, 09:17:50 »
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX110IS#Known_bugs updated...

Is there a way to check the Histogram without build in function. Maybe with PC?
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS
CHDK: at Autobuild now
Wiki: SX110IS

Offline axu89

« Reply #313 on: 28 / April / 2009, 11:58:09 »
Have you guys actually tried histogram in "Always" mode? It shows the exact same pattern most of the time (no matter where you point the camera) with random flicks of the "real" histogram. Its like the zebra-mode, random flicks of the real pattern. I believe these things are somehow connected. Ok, Im just guessing here, but maybe the MD keeps shooting because it sees this same "unstable" picture as the histogram when its in the always mode and shoot button isnt pressed. Forgive me if im totally wrong, I really dont know.

Thou.. when you press shoot button to half (having histogram always or shoot), the histogram starts working properly but zebra wont.
[SX110 IS]

Offline chdkj

« Reply #314 on: 28 / April / 2009, 16:15:53 »
Wrong live view buffer, most likely. You can write the live view buffer to a file and examine it on PC. You can also watch the address and see if it looks reasonable.

If live view is wrong, histogram will also be wrong. If the camera has built in histogram, you can compare (there will be some difference, but it should be roughly the same shape)

Thank you, Reyalp. Will check this in the next couple of days.

I've marked vid_get_viewport_live_fb() as "questionable" in a early stage of porting already but lost it of my focus. Will have a closer look on it...
Regards.
« Last Edit: 28 / April / 2009, 16:41:06 by chdkj »
sx110

Offline chdkj

« Reply #315 on: 28 / April / 2009, 16:20:14 »

This is a bug - "flashlight" function is only for cameras with rotating/swivel display.
Wrong settings in camera.h for SX110. (#define CAM_SWIVEL_SCREEN           1). Must be removed because SX110 doesn't have a swivel screen.
Suggest to wait with a new autobuild version until major changes (Zebra? MD? Histo?).

Cheers.
sx110

Offline chdkj

« Reply #316 on: 28 / April / 2009, 16:39:32 »
Hi Obihoerchen,

I think that Auto-ISO-Shift is solved (general Bug if <ALT> = Print, workaround: change <ALT>-key to <Face>). If Hyst agrees than would you change "bug" to "hint/tricky/obscure..", please?

@All
I believe that corrupted zebra, dubious histogramms and overhasty motion detection scripts have the same cause (as reyalp stated in http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2838.msg33147.html#msg33147). I'm going to check this but it will need some time. Everyone is invited to assist!

Cheers!

sx110

« Reply #317 on: 28 / April / 2009, 16:56:55 »
Hi Obihoerchen,

I think that Auto-ISO-Shift is solved (general Bug if <ALT> = Print, workaround: change <ALT>-key to <Face>). If Hyst agrees than would you change "bug" to "hint/tricky/obscure..", please?

Added a new category called hints ;)
Now we have seperate hints and bugs...

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SX110IS#Hints
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS
CHDK: at Autobuild now
Wiki: SX110IS

Offline Hyst

« Reply #318 on: 28 / April / 2009, 17:09:08 »

sure i agree. i thought it was an unknown bug... but ewavr told us it is an well known bug with all Auto-ISO-Shift cameras...

greetings
Canon Powershot SX110

Offline chdkj

« Reply #319 on: 30 / April / 2009, 15:20:02 »
Got it.  :D
Zebra, Histogram and MD-scripts are working now.

New version of CHDK for SX110 attached (you have to be a forum member for downloading).

It was actually the broken LiveImage buffer (see also http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2838.msg31903.html#msg31903)... Thanks to reyalp for that hint.
Found right addresses in firmware for variables used in function vid_get_viewport_live_fb in sub/lib.c.

void *vid_get_viewport_live_fb()
{

void **fb=(void **)0x21a0; //ROM:FFC285D0 dword_FFC285D0  DCD 0x21A0, look also at ROM:FFC27FF0
    unsigned char buff = *((unsigned char*)0x2014); //ROM:FFC285C8 dword_FFC285C8  DCD 0x2014    , look also at ROM:FFC27FA0
    if (buff == 0) buff = 2;  else buff--;
    return fb[buff];

}

Camera stops (blank LCD, lens moved out, green led on) after some time if a script is running and (tested with badpixel.lua or MD-script and shooting
mode=test) but camera responds in some way to keyboard. I don't know how to assess that.
I believe that this have nothing to do with sx110-specific port of CHDK but can't exclude it.

My original bug list (http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2838.msg31903.html#msg31903) has melted down to this:
Code-related issues:
--------------------

- core/kbd.c:   ZSTEP_TABLE_SIZE, nTxtbl --> still unverified
- platform/<camera>/shooting.c: dof_tbl --> still unverified
- platform/<camera>/sub/lib.c: hook_raw_image_addr --> still questionable, but seems to work
- include/camera.h: CAM_COLORMATRIX1, CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_* --> must be adapted to SX110

Problems:
---------
- GetBatteryTemperature --> still linked to GetCCDTemperature to avoid camera crash

Solved:
-------
- all others...

I'm glad...

P.S. DNG is useable at least but colors are not how they should be...
P.P.S. Use DNG instead of RAW (--> you can find a lot of discussion about it in forum)

« Last Edit: 30 / April / 2009, 15:33:40 by chdkj »
sx110