supplierdeeply

SX110IS - howto start porting

• 573 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SX110IS - howto start porting
« Reply #540 on: 22 / April / 2010, 23:31:40 »
Advertisements
Interesting...

Why does ACR cuts pixels off and DCRAW does not? Is there any need to change/fix some code in CHDK for SX110 regarding this issue?

CHDK sets the DNG active area to the the full active area, and the DefaultCrop area to the size (but possibly not precisely the same location) of the camera jpeg

ACR must be using the default crop area, while others use the entire active area.

The DNG spec (1.3.0) says this about default crop
Raw images often store extra pixels around the edges of the final image. These extra pixels help prevent interpolation artifacts near the edges of the final image.
DefaultCropSize specifies the size of the final image area, in raw image coordinates (i.e., before the DefaultScale has been applied).
SX110
Code: [Select]
    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X1 8
    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y1 14
    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X2 3688
    #define CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y2 2772
    #define CAM_RAW_ROWPIX              3720 
    #define CAM_RAW_ROWS                2772 
    #define CAM_JPEG_WIDTH  3456
    #define CAM_JPEG_HEIGHT 2592
#define CAM_DEFAULT_CROP_ORIGIN_W ((CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X2-CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_X1-CAM_JPEG_WIDTH )/2)
#define CAM_DEFAULT_CROP_ORIGIN_H ((CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y2-CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_Y1-CAM_JPEG_HEIGHT)/2)

Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline chdkj

« Reply #541 on: 25 / April / 2010, 15:33:07 »
Thanks for explanation.
No need for code changes regarding this, IMHO.
sx110

Offline mngc

• a590is fw 1.0.1b & sx110is fw 1.0b
« Reply #542 on: 30 / December / 2012, 16:55:45 »
Hi,

I have SX110 fw 1.00b camera with chdk 1.1.0-2423. I have a zebra problem. In record mode, zebra displayed, but wrong. The blinking region not on the over exposured region and distorsed. The over eposured region (original is circle) now ellipsoid.

With this camera with playback mode zebra not working or not accesible, if i half press the shutter button used, the camera exit from playback mode. Print  or face key no succes (try swap alt key mode too), and other key not display the zebra too.

I have another camera a590 fw101b with chdk 1.1.0-2423 record mode and playback without zoom zebra working ok. In playback mode if i use zoom keys, the zebra work ok too. Very useful to detect small over exposured regions.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #543 on: 30 / December / 2012, 17:16:20 »
I have SX110 fw 1.00b camera with chdk 1.1.0-2423. I have a zebra problem. In record mode, zebra displayed, but wrong. The blinking region not on the over exposured region and distorsed. The over eposured region (original is circle) now ellipsoid.
Can you post a picture?

From what I remember, this camera has an odd framebuffer layout, the viewport (the buffer that has the image of what the camera is seeing) is apparently 216 pixels tall in rec mode, while the bitmap (which contains the UI, including zebra) is 240 pixels. The canon firmware stretches the viewport display to fill the screen (I assume), but the zebra code doesn't really have the capability to do this. If this is correct, would probably require a major rewrite of the zebra to fix. I expect edge overlay would also be bit broken.

If this camera can shoot in different aspect ratios, this may affect zebra, but I think this camera is too old to have this problem. If you are using digital zoom, zebra is likely to be wrong. This is a known issue.

With this camera with playback mode zebra not working or not accesible, if i half press the shutter button used, the camera exit from playback mode. Print  or face key no succes (try swap alt key mode too), and other key not display the zebra too.
Yes, this is a limitation on cameras where pressing shutter switches to record mode. This is something that should be fixed. I guess we could show zebra if you half press in alt mode, like we do for histogram?

Offline mngc

« Reply #544 on: 30 / December / 2012, 18:25:48 »
Of course, i can send the test image. Where can i send test images?

This camera has a wide picture mode, i use for previous test with the normal aspect ratio. Now i try wide mode, record zebra not ok, distorsed too. Digital zoom always disabled.

In playback mode i see the histogram when i use set and half press shutter button and not switch to record mode. Only zebra not working.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #545 on: 30 / December / 2012, 18:33:52 »
Of course, i can send the test image. Where can i send test images?
You can attach it to a post here. If you started your post in the "quick reply" box at the bottom, you can just press preview to get full options.

In playback mode i see the histogram when i use set and half press shutter button and not switch to record mode. Only zebra not working.
I'm not sure what you mean by set and half press? I think the problem of not being able to show zebra in playback applies to all cameras that switch to record mode when you half press.

Offline mngc

« Reply #546 on: 30 / December / 2012, 20:20:01 »
I'm not sure what you mean by set and half press?

I think the problem of not being able to show zebra in playback applies to all cameras that switch to record mode when you half press.

Sorry, i mean't alt mode, not set. I agree with you that this problem possibly applies to all cameras that switch to record mode when you half press.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #547 on: 30 / December / 2012, 20:39:53 »
That doesn't look like what I'd expect from the viewport/bitmap mismatch I mentioned earlier...

Hmm, it looks like I made a really silly mistake a while back when I was implementing the PTP live view stuff. Try the attached build.

There will probably still be a small mismatch due to the other issue.

Offline mngc

« Reply #548 on: 31 / December / 2012, 14:25:49 »
Great news, record mode zebra seems work, will need to try in daylight too.

No change in playback mode.

Happy New Year!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #549 on: 31 / December / 2012, 14:51:45 »
Great news, record mode zebra seems work, will need to try in daylight too.
Thanks for confirming, I've checked  this in for chdk 1.1 and 1.2, will appear in the next auto builds.
No change in playback mode.
Yes, I haven't done anything about that problem yet, it's unrelated to the other issue.